RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my screen is white when the truck is on. There is no CD (its missing).
I am assuming that because there is no CD the Nav is on but not active?
Where would be the cheapest to get Canadian Road Maps Cd?

thanks.

·
Registered
158 Posts
The navigation screen should show the Home Screen regardless of whether there is a disc in the rear. When you try to scroll over to road navigation or off-road navigation it will then prompt you to put a disc in.

Did the navigation work properly before you lost the disc? I have had this problem with the screen going blank. Instead of white, mine loads with this grayish nothingness, almost scan lines - possibly just static. I think it is more prone to happen if the car is turned off and then turned back on quickly. If I disconnect the GPS changer in the trunk and leave it unplugged for a day or two it tends to come back on. I have yet to actually figure out what causes this (possibly static buildup) or how to fix it permanently.

To answer you question about the discs, they pop up on eBay routinely. Or you can buy new from Navteq. The Land Rover page only allows you to buy the whole 8 disc set for $200 USD, but the BMW page lets you buy smaller packages for $129 I think. And the BMW discs (which work the same) are 2008 version where as the newest for Land Rover is 2007.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a set of the 2007 Edition CD's availble in the For Sale section. #8 (Alaska / Canada) is still available.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts