RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIV / L405
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here in Dubai we have two engine choices, the 5.0 litre naturally aspirated V8 & the SC V8. We don't have the SC V6 like the UK & US. I ordered an HSE with the NA V8 and I'm wondering how powerful it is? I've driven the SC and it had plenty of power so I want to know how 375hp compares to 510hp.

I'm having doubts that it won't be powerful enough. I'm not a particularly fast driver, but I still want my car to have some oomph when I need it. So those who tried the V8 HSE, can you please give an idea on how it is?

·
Registered
537 Posts
I have the 510 hp V8 2013 HSE. I also have a corvette. My new Mark L405 is super-surprisingly fast! You won't be disappointed.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
1,966 Posts
It's a better engine for the L405 which the 2013 came with. Although some will say the V6 SC is just adequate.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIV / L405
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the 510 hp V8 2013 HSE. I also have a corvette. My new Mark L405 is super-surprisingly fast! You won't be disappointed.
I think you are mistaken, because the HSE model doesn't have 510hp, it's the Supercharged model that has 510hp. So you either have a SC with 510 or an HSE with 375hp lol

·
Registered
537 Posts
Lol. I've had the car one day. It's a 2013 V8 hse with great power. I guess it's the 375...

·
Premium Member
1,813 Posts
So here in Dubai we have two engine choices, the 5.0 litre naturally aspirated V8 & the SC V8. We don't have the SC V6 like the UK & US. I ordered an HSE with the NA V8 and I'm wondering how powerful it is? I've driven the SC and it had plenty of power so I want to know how 375hp compares to 510hp.

I'm having doubts that it won't be powerful enough. I'm not a particularly fast driver, but I still want my car to have some oomph when I need it. So those who tried the V8 HSE, can you please give an idea on how it is?
So it's two things, right? Will it be enough? Well, I used to have a 2011 HSE with that 5.0 375hp engine. Remember, that car used to be a bit heavier with a way less refined, 6 speed gearbox. I never once had any complaints about its power. You will love it. If anything (and no offense to anyone), that engine felt better for this car than the (340hp) V6.

Regarding the SC V8 comparison - look, you're talking a 135 HP difference, and an even bigger one in the torque department.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I picked my RR MY2014 HSE. Its powerful enough. Feels faster than my my RRS MY12. Obviously not as fast as the RR SC but where are you going to speed to?
And since there are so many cameras everywhere, it will save you on the speeding fines.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts