RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to buy a used, good condition harness for my camshaft sensor patient. Sigh it was NAS so I had several superfluous cables. The 2 extra oxygen sensors were quickly eliminated but there was more.

Unfortunately it didn't come with the normal 4 pin C506A, but 13 pin C506B.

OK.. so far.. But what are the pins 11,12 and 13 for? (GO,R and RB)

I have done 4 Electric manuals with ALL occurences of this connector and cant find it.
We also found a mysterious red plug with 2 cables, a GW and can't remember the other.

Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
2,322 Posts
All are NAS only but R and GO goes from engine ECU to a fuel pressure sensor, but can't find any reference to RB although RB is usually the underbonnet 5V supply for various sensors so probably to feed another spurious sensor that the NAS cars have that the rest of the world don't consider necessary.

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot. More and more mysterious stuff, here is the plug I searched high and low on thec old harness, in the book and by colour code.

I have cut it off but hope to shed some light on the thing for the future

Enviado desde mi SM-A720F mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,422 Posts
The grey, ribbed silicone rubber seal is missing, but I found it's mate on my 02......It plugs into a black box about the size of 2 cigarette packs.
This is mounted just below and aft of the radiator reservoir tank, near the firewall, and connected to a 1/2 inch id plastic tube which goes to the emissions canister located, on a NAS next to the air tank.
Looks like the emissions canister purge valve.

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Bolt, you are better than the book!
So i did the right thing :) Now I learned that these ornaments even existed on GEMS .

Enviado desde mi SM-A720F mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,422 Posts
HA!
It helps if the Rangie is sitting 20 ft away from my office in the (well lit) shed here. Open the bonnet, and have a look. Easy.
Not a bad idea to do a visual with a bright torch occasionally.......Found a slight weep at the throttle heater plate, and a new seep of oil at the Port side valve cover.
Thanks for the excuse for a close look!.....Now I gotta do some gaskets....
Glad to help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts