RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi allI swapped ECUs from a 13cu on my 87 to a 14cux from a 94 3.9. Truck runs great, but the EFI light came on after a 45 minute drive. I'm wondering if the ECU is looking for a signal from a sensor not present on my 3.5. Where would you start?Again, it runs great. If the EFI light persists I can simply swap my old 13cu for inspection.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I did the exact swap and the 14cux did not trigger the EFI light. I’d look for another culprit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
330 Posts
I would unhook the battery to reset the light & see if it comes back on. If it does then bust out the meter & start measuring your sensors. I'd start with the TPS.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
wire in a code display panel, you will thank your self. it is simple to wire in with a wiring diagram.

there are a couple of online venues where you can locate 14cux diagnosis hardware and software to install on a laptop.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I actually don't know. I asked how far off it was and was told 4 degrees. I figure the tech set it at 6 BTDC. It wasn't running noticeably different.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi, I'm looking to do the same on my RRC 88... change the 13cu to 14cux which is more available. Any info on how to go about this process? JIm

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
7 Participants
Sam Bond
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing