RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had the sealant Nano Bond applied to their rims? I have heard that it will keep the dreaded brake dust at bay but wouldn't consider it before hearing someone else's practical experience with it.

Apologies if this has been covered - I searched the forum for it unsuccessfully.

Thanks!

·
Registered
641 Posts
never heard of it.

why not just wash the rims a bit more ?

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Bound to hard a discolour eventually - I vote for regular cleaning. I do mine quickly once a week minimum with a soft wheel brush and soapy water and they are still perfect on a 2006.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fisha said:
never heard of it.

why not just wash the rims a bit more ?
I had never heard of it either but it was offered (with no pressure) from my dealership for the entire vehicle. It caught my interest when they said it could be applied to the rims only and works to repel brake dust. After a bit of research, I discovered that it has its proponents in the car-enthusiast world but it's not really for me as far as the entire vehicle is concerned. I am also inclined to clean and maintain the good old fashioned way but I thought I would put it out there for some real-world experience from fellow Rover enthusiasts.

·
Registered
641 Posts
ultimately, any superficial coating is going to wear off in time through road use and washing. Personally, over the years, regular washing with the normal car shampoo and the occasional ally wheel cleaner ( wonder wheels etc ) has been more than enough to maintain pristine looking alloys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts