RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i may be off here but i'm assuming most of us have a few things we need to get around to.
for me it's:
the brake light bulb that went out today
the **** sunroof headlining began to slightly buckle. meanwhile the cabin headliner is mint
loose regulator rivet but the window works and just won't set so i've been a scumbag about getting around to that
stupid SAI pump works great but the rubber mounts have disintegrated into goo from heat and cracking so one of them let go and its friend is right behind it
bumper shell in rear has began to warp and develop a wave so i have remove that and fill that thing with adhesive and clamp it
i'm sick of my a-bar and want to remove it then buy factory lamp guards to match the back ones and take my chances without the bar. like it matters...
you've all heard me moan about my stereo amplifier and i need to tighten that ground this wknd. no music for me.
it's service time and it's my daily driver and my vocation is demanding and it's a tank so i keep procrastinating because every rover we've ever owned keeps on going despite the injuries.
i usually just splurge and address them all at once. 30k miles on her last year.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i forgot to add i've been fantasizing about swapping the front seat cushions and adding ebc brakes even though the brakes work fine.

·
Registered
665 Posts
sounds like mine

srs light on with airbag failiure, the front bumper is pushed in a bit onthe driver's side.
no music, no navigation
cant get the blower fan to change speed, all i have is ful speed
right rear window doesnt roll down
sunroof wont set
need new tires
needs scratches taken out and some wax
trailer wiring plug needs to be replaced
lower balljoint boot ripped
needs a bigger battery before winter
needs a drivers headlight wiper

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
Torn ACL, PCL, miniscus, and cartilidge.

Surgery in a few weeks.

I don't even want to think about everything that's wrong with the Rhino.... it makes my knee look like extra tits on a stripper.

·
Registered
61 Posts
maybe i can sort this lot out this weekend.
o rings need replacing
rear tail light blown
headlamp went last night.
number plate light not working
drivers window wont set.
drivers window makes a hell of a noise when raised to the top

at least i have music,i ripped out the original system a few weeks back.i fitted two amps and a new head unit.now i can play my pod through the system.

·
Registered
701 Posts
You could have my list

Rebuild engine
I might have to do that shortly :oops: .

I've got the right side view mirror glass to replace (bought it that way and really procrastinated).
Steering stabilizer (current one has a dent and leaked out all the fluid, I don't know why it still works and I don't have a death wobble or something :think:)
Front brakes and rotors need to be replaced, ROTORS ESPECIALLY!
Coolant temp gauge is on the fritz
Gear selector needs to be adjusted (will tackle this weekend)
Headliner needs to be repaired
Mysterious battery drain (I think I fixed it though, don't know yet)
Radio doesn't work (the dork that had it before me spilled soda all over it)
And there is some groaning noise coming from upper part of the steering column, don't know what it is. Only happens when I do a complete revolution.
OH and it needs new tires.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts
dutchfrompredator said:
the **** sunroof headlining began to slightly buckle. meanwhile the cabin headliner is mint
I glued my sunroof headlining back. It's a hour job max.
It fell from the back half, so brushed the half of the material, cutted and throw away the half of the middle foam. Applied glue to sunroof board and to material. Waited 5 mins and stick those together with plastic C Clamps.
Works fine since 6 months.
I didn't want to go the full cabin headlining way since it is mint too.
Do it before it goes all the way down :think:

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
148 Posts
My woes at present.

Got to repair dent due to my stupidness and lack of patience with my wife's crap reversing skills so I coul put the White Peril out the back (long story, short. She was taking her sweet time and I thought I could squeeze between her and the brick letter box. Letter box won, dented the Left hand rear door and wheel arch).

Must replace thermal switch in the EAS compressor, oh well...... One day....

New tyres would be nice...

Sunroof needs a new seal, or the drains need cleaning and the lining on the cover needs re-gluing.

LCD on stereo needs fixing.

CD stacker needs fixing.

Change fuel float in the tank..

That's about it, other than those niggling little problems all is well.

Oh and the biggie, restore 1974 Leyland Mini Clubman

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
good point 996. i have to get on that sunroof lining before it worsens. :think:

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
lrscott said:
Steering stabilizer (current one has a dent and leaked out all the fluid, I don't know why it still works and I don't have a death wobble or something :think:)
it doesn't work, but if your ball-joints are in good shape you don't need it. it's just there to stop the oscillating vibrations (death wobble) caused by loose balljoints, compounded by unevenly worn tires.

Mine:

engine rebuild coming due
several oil leaks
clunks/thunks from suspension bushings
dent in FR fender from deer strike
dent in RR door from losing extended bumpstops and oversize tire hitting fender-well at 65mph..
RF window machine-gunning
blend-motor not working
A/C doesn't work at idle
bonnet needs re-spray, may as well do the whole thing after patching the RF fender and RR door....

but the EAS is flawless :thumb:

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
forgot one! i need to get off my a**, crawl under the wagon, and scrub the brake dust off the inner portion of my hurricanes (might as well add refurbing or painting the hurricanes to my list as well. black ones may look spiffy, just throwing that out).
the outside of the wheels are blingin' and look great when you consider all the battle damage on them. but the insides and calipers look like they've got a 1/4" of bong resin on them. not pretty. :snooty:

·
Registered
701 Posts
it doesn't work, but if your ball-joints are in good shape you don't need it. it's just there to stop the oscillating vibrations (death wobble) caused by loose balljoints, compounded by unevenly worn tires.
Didn't know that. At least I now know the ball joints are good :thumb:. I do get a slight vibration at 55mph, most likely due to alignment and uneven tread wear. Going to get that all sorted out when I get those new tires.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Only Kmagnuss would include miniscus in his favourite word list. Other than scratches, oil leaks, sagging headliner, slow clock [2nd one from ebay and its slow] dr leo's cure for vinyl repair, new rotors and pads, s steel flex brake lines, new seals on calipers, lower windshield trim to change and new mudflaps almost all is well. BTW I did acupuncture on my similar knee and got off lucky for the short term. I understand the risk of infection so look after it well.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i experienced a brief sense of accomplishment this weekend after noticing one of the clips had nearly fallen off on the rear bumper and replacing it. thereafter the warping of the shell mentioned above diminished to the extent it no longer rubs the tailgate as it opens at the bottom. seeing that the paint was no longer being attacked everytime the gate lowered bordered on sexual gratification. who knew the clips had to actually be engaged and not barely hanging on to clip? :think:
also replaced the out brake bulb and got the amp working sporadically through process of elimination so i know the stereo will play again stock (again, the assistance of people who wear glasses is always welcome but two suggestions came in today that were very solid; i'll be trying them soon). i feel useful enough. i also made sure the the valve stem caps on the tires were tight... :mrgreen: really got a lot done this weekend. actually i got alot of drinking done. :clap:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts