RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guy's..

As the title says, I got in my car at work & reversed out of a parking spot and then suddenly "No Drive"

Upon inspection, the drive shaft has popped out of the CV joint (wheel side),

Can anyone tell me how it separates from the diff side? (Should it just knock out)?

Im also assuming that when I get the shaft out the gear oil will come out (so id have to be quick|)??

Can anyone also recommend a company who is quick at posting out as I need this back on the road ASAP?

Many thanks in advance

ASH

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,145 Posts
It just pulls straight out of the front Diff. Theres a C clip that holds it into the differential, so it can be a good pull to get it to come out, but it will come out if you pull straight. Make sure the C-clip comes out on the CV shaft. Should be sitting in a groove at the end of the shaft, if not make sure you fish it out of the housing, get a new one when you put the shaft back in. New axle shaft should have it already in the groove. Probable a good time to replace the axle seal while its a apart.

Differential fluid won't leak out, the normal level is lower than the bottom edge of the axle shaft hole. Can't help on a UK source since I'm in the US.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts