RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently upgraded to N.A.S tow hitch and i'm using a Pintle Hook 2" 'Receiver from Northerntools.com

It rattles a lot in the tow hitch.

Any solution to this?

·
Registered
483 Posts
I don't know but is the ball 2 inch or 50mm?

A 50mm coupling will go on and feel right on a 2 inch ball but WILL come off at some point!

The 50mm balls have a flat top to them, if the one you have is round don't use a European hitch on it.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm working with 2 american parts : NAS tow hitch ( the 2inches square female) and the pintle hook receiver( square male part 2 inches)

·
Registered
494 Posts
second the duct tape. 'bout two wraps around worked for me. you could also try a strip of foam or weather stripping with adhesive on one side of the male portion to snug it up. both tape and stripping work well and when they get too beaten up you just pull it off and re do it. cheap and disposable. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,855 Posts
My 'receiver' has a nut welded to the underside about 3" from the end. When you tighten the bolt (in the nut), all 'slop' stops. Very effective.

Re ball sizes, I've never heard of a 2" ball, only 1-7/8" and 50mm. There are some really cool draw-bar connectors available, that do both sizes (properly), by twisting the handle, half a turn. :)

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn't think about duct tape. Easy and lazy i like that. I'll try that first.

·
Administrator
27,794 Posts
:roll: good grief. Have you folks forgotten the two most important rules in life? If it doesn't move, and it should, use WD-40. If it moves, and it shouldn't, use duct tape! :mrgreen:

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
dutchfrompredator said:
did you have to use "lazy"? :lol:
Too much work on the Rover for this summer and still tons of things to do.
I like the idea of duct tape rather than take the trailer hitch off and have a nut welded on it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts