RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At first I thought the mystery wire was headed to the level sensor as that is occasionally flashing on me even though my oil level is OK when checked.

However, this is a black wire, the end looks copper, it is hanging on the same side of the oil pan as the drain plug, right in front, falling right above the 2 transmission cooler lines, any ideas?

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
pic? Have you cleaned the area to look for connections?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It appears to be a ground wire, the end that is still connected simply appears to be wrapped around a bolt near the oil pan. If I route it back upwards into the area from where I believe it came, it brings me near the underside of the alternator, anybody know where to look for other end of the black ground wire that runs between the <unknown> and the oil pan?

Perhaps the wire ran to the old (replaced) EAS? The end does appear to be cut not burnt or torn or anything.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is a small wire, connected via a nut/bolt to the block above the oil pan, along with a much thicker ground. The thicker one runs up towards the ignition components. I'm really not sure where this smaller ground wire is supposed to connect to, but its not very long and I don't see its counterpart anywhere in the area. Will post a pic later on.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Could these be the oil level sensor wires? Mine broke off of the sensor (no strain relief designed into the sensor end of the wires) and dangle on the right side of the engine in the open space.

Scott

1 - 5 of 5 Posts