Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

On my 93 RRC LSE 4.2ltr I have a socket on the parcel tray side. I've included a couple of pictures showing the socket. It looks like a mono jack. I'm trying to determine what it is used for.

I've managed to trace most of the wire, but the critical purple wire goes into the body and that one is proving difficult to trace. I've included a picture of the circuit I've traced so far (the hand drawn bit).

I thought it was something to do with the Clarion amplifier as it takes a spliced feed off the amp's green power cable (and the socket looks like something from a 70's stereo system), but I'm not sure about that.

I'm also wondering if it is something to do with the fuel filler cap, in case the electronic locking stops working.

Anyone seen anything like this before?

Many thanks
NKG

Attachments

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
5 Posts
From the size of it, it appears to be similar to a cigarette lighter jack / auxiliary power jack (12vdc). I was actually thinking of doing so,etching like that and tap into a switched power lead. I'm used to seeing brown or purple wire as always-on power....maybe that's why the relay setup. Have you checked it with a voltmeter to see if it a power port (12vdc)?

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,135 Posts
looks like what someone would install to run a fridge - I have a similar socket in the back of mine except it is a cigarette lighter socket.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I dare say fuse b4 gives the relay an ignition feed, and the purple wire is getting battery power from somewhere.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello

Thanks for the replies. It does have 12v to it with the ignition switch on. Must be a special for something like a fridge.

cheers
NKG

·
Registered
536 Posts
Just had a closer look. In oz we call them merit plus. Pretty common, basically a tighter fitting 12v socket than a cig lighter socket.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts