RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was under my RRC adjusting the hand brake and noticed a hose that is not connected and I can't seem to find where it should go. It comes out of the cross member above the rear diff. (outlined in red) It has a black plastic cylinder (smaller then a Coke can) connected then an open pipe. Any ideas?

RR Hose.jpg

·
Registered
101 Posts
Does your 1993 RRC have air suspension, or did it originally? And is the black plastic cylinder that is smaller than a coke can a bit rounded? If so it could be one of the exhausts from the air suspension components. They have a muffler on the end which is a small cylinder.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I took a quick peek under my '95 LWB and have the same hose. The larger diameter rubber hose goes through the x-member and I believe to the fuel tank. The plastic cylinder is inside the LH chassis rail, where it transitions to a plastic hose (slightly larger OD than EAS airline) that routes to the front of the vehicle. I didn't have time to trace it past the EAS Compressor, but I think this is the fuel tank vent that goes to the EVAP canister under the bonnet.

My EAS exhausts are located behind the LH rear wheel splash guard.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does your 1993 RRC have air suspension, or did it originally? And is the black plastic cylinder that is smaller than a coke can a bit rounded? If so it could be one of the exhausts from the air suspension components. They have a muffler on the end which is a small cylinder.
That is how the round cylinder looks. It originally had air suspension, but was removed before I bought it. It started to rain before I could take a photo of it.

Tom109 said:
I took a quick peek under my '95 LWB and have the same hose. The larger diameter rubber hose goes through the x-member and I believe to the fuel tank. The plastic cylinder is inside the LH chassis rail, where it transitions to a plastic hose (slightly larger OD than EAS airline) that routes to the front of the vehicle. I didn't have time to trace it past the EAS Compressor, but I think this is the fuel tank vent that goes to the EVAP canister under the bonnet.

My EAS exhausts are located behind the LH rear wheel splash guard.
I have looked through Rave and I can't see any mention of a connection to the fuel tank at that location. The EVAP should connect near the filler. However When the fuel tank is full I get lots of fuel vapour odours. I will follow the EVAP hose from the canister back and make sure it is connected.

On further inspection I found another hose which ends next to the fuel filter and goes up near the fuel filler, It started to rain before I could fully trace its origin. I think this might be an old EAS pipe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts