1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

4.6 HSE '99

Stumped! Number 7 just stopped firing. I changed leads, nope. Then plugs - nope. Then coil ----nope!????

Still no No7

Does any wonderful person have a solution?

I was thinking a new crank sensor or cam sensors?

Best regards to all

Mike

·
Premium Member
2,565 Posts
this is a misfire code your going on? is the injector within spec (or swap it with another cylinder, a pain a know) there is a test if you have a fuel pressure gauge, which would be quicker.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Larry, I should have been more specific, it's no spark, fuel going in fine. Rabid sparks everywhere else, just not on 7. No codes at all!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any ideas anyone?

rgds

·
Premium Member
2,565 Posts
if you have no spark on #7 i'd have thought unless its [part of the coil] not working or wiring - both ecu side and the lead side - then you'd also have an issue with #4 as this fires at the same time.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Apologies, I overlooked this thread I started, yes it was the coil, bizarrely I had a 2nd used coil in the parts bin with the same fault! Changed for new and all is well. Thank you LarryS for that tip on no4, I never noticed the 4 because I started the fault find on the odd side, so on getting to 7 one wrongly assumes that's that. It's not. Thanks again and sorry for the late comeback.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts