RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just signed up for the mycarfax account and to my surprise once I added the vin of the range rover it pulled all previous service history.This is a free account,I thought that was helpful.

FYI

03/31/2003
16,408Marin Luxury Cars
Corte Madera, CA
415-460-4600
marinluxurycars.com
Recommended maintenance performed
Radiator hose(s) replaced
Upper radiator hose replaced
12/06/200212,734Service Facility
Los Altos, CA
Vehicle serviced
01/31/20027,366Service Facility
Recommended maintenance performed
Idler pulley replaced
Fluids checked
Oil and filter changed
07/20/20002,067Service Facility
San Francisco, CA
Vehicle serviced
02/23/2000Manhattan Automobile Company
New York, NY
212-581-7800
manhattanauto.com
Pre-delivery inspection completed
Roof rack installed
Floor mats installed
State safety inspection completed

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
Awesome find! Thanks for sharing. I just signed up and got the report

·
Registered
883 Posts
This is sweet. It shows my headgaskets were replaced by Meineke in 2011 at 137,000 miles, a year and 8k later is when they blew, because one was on upside down.

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
You can add all of your DIY services and service invoices to the carfax too to make them part of the record! (Granted, it says "self reported" which may still keep a smart buyer on his toes to verify. Anyhow, so cool.

image.jpg

·
Registered
658 Posts
shame only USA -- mind you UK the MOT history (accept totally different to service history) since the cars 3rd year when the test is required and thereafter annually, can be downloaded so missing paperwork can be retrieved whether it is a genuine loss (bearing in mind P38's are now 'old') or an attempt to 'hide' a trend / issues

·
Registered
883 Posts
I've added every receipt I had. If anything it just helps me keep track of everything I've done. Lord knows it's hard to keep track of.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts