RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know when this will be available? The RRS 2020 guide is already out.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover MkIV / L405
13 Posts
Interesting if you go to Land Rover's website and go to Vehicles, Future and if you look at the far right you will see 2020 Range Rover but when you click on it it takes you back to the 2019 Range Rover.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Based on the changes made to the Sport, other than the i6 engine and the new badge system (ie no more "Supercharged" trim), there's not much coming. As of last Saturday, nothing from JLR on the L405.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
So.. the Supercharged price premium is met with the low end HSE badging? I'm not sure I like that.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
FYI: Still showing 2019 on both US and Canadian Land Rover website (why the heck did they make an announcement saying it was updated when it's not??). Land Rover UK, however, now has the 2020 models to configure/build.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
1,149 Posts
Agree not a fan of the P/D badging. Will have to take the "P400" inline-six for a spin when they hit the dealers this Fall.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
151 Posts
Thanks for posting !

I'm heading in this weekend to order a SVA SWB , Love the 18 sport Autoboi, it's been OK to me, but in 27 months I've put on 119,400 miles , Wife has a 18 SVR . Time to go to the big boy cruiser .

·
Registered
51 Posts
Why did they demote the V8 Supercharged model to HSE? And add unnecessary and busy new power output badging on the tailgate? Stupid. If they were so keen on adding an unnecessary power output badge they could have done "Supercharged" then P[Whatever] underneath.

Looks like the 2020 version is an overall downgrade from the 2019. I don't see anything new except removal of features (gesture sun blind) and cheapening the V8 Supercharged.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Why did they demote the V8 Supercharged model to HSE? And add unnecessary and busy new power output badging on the tailgate? Stupid. If they were so keen on adding an unnecessary power output badge they could have done "Supercharged" then P[Whatever] underneath.

Looks like the 2020 version is an overall downgrade from the 2019. I don't see anything new except removal of features (gesture sun blind) and cheapening the V8 Supercharged.
I agree the naming convention is silly. I'm guessing this is due to future planning. Meaning there are lower based models that are supercharged as well, or they plan to get rid of supercharging all together in the future and do a mild hybrid V8 based on turbo technology, much like the P360/400. The latter is my guess. Still they could have called them something more suitable. In the UK they have other names and packages that they don't have here (ie, "Vogue", etc.).

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The P400 and P400e have my attention...I wonder if the all new Defender will get the same engine options.
Based on what I’m reading on the P400e, a lot of issues with first year product. I hope the P400 has better luck given Jag has had 4cyl equivalent of mild hybrid already. But first year all new Defender? No thank you.

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
63 Posts
I don't see the fancy Clear Sight front and rear view that was introduced in the 2020 Evoque??? That seems like a huuuge oversight...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts