Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Building a MY2018 RRS Supercharged Dynamic on the online configurator adds no extra cost for the "Black sliding panoramic contast roof" but, when the vehicle was ordered at my local dealer, the Build List "Order Details" included a $665 charge for the Black Contrast Roof. Has anybody else encountered this mismatch between an online configuration and the factory Build List? I am assuming that this is just another "lovable" LR/RR idiosyncracy and that the Build List is the authoritative document. `)

Also, has anybody attempted to get the Black Exterior Package with other than black wheels (e.g. 21" style 5007 in silver)?

·
RIP Our Friend
27,834 Posts
There is a big disclaimer online that states that the configurator is for reference only and to contact your dealer for pricing and availability. Remember that the online configurator went live prior to the 494 even being formally released and before dealers had final details or ability to order.

I've thought for many years that the web stuff is a product of the marketing department who never has communicated well with the pencil pushers or production folks. :lol:

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks for the online clarification. Being an alumnus of Solihull School (over 50 years ago....ahem!), and still having Solihull relatives, I know what sharp businessmen these Brummies are. :wink:

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had the same thing happen... on my original build sheet the dealer had messed up and selected body coloured roof, so I was surprised when I had them revise (before the last amendment date) and saw the upcharge, as well as a new build date of a month later :(

White Text Font Line

Building a MY2018 RRS Supercharged Dynamic on the online configurator adds no extra cost for the "Black sliding panoramic contast roof" but, when the vehicle was ordered at my local dealer, the Build List "Order Details" included a $665 charge for the Black Contrast Roof. Has anybody else encountered this mismatch between an online configuration and the factory Build List? I am assuming that this is just another "lovable" LR/RR idiosyncracy and that the Build List is the authoritative document. `)

Also, has anybody attempted to get the Black Exterior Package with other than black wheels (e.g. 21" style 5007 in silver)?

·
Registered
24 Posts
During the MY18 RRS ATB ordering process I found couple of things not accurate in online configurator.

1, Exterior Color Firenze Red (metallic) and Interior Ebony Vintage Tan "online configurator" was not allowing me to select them together.
later dealer was able to order exactly that. (have no idea why online configurator is still not updated)

2, Even though I choose the "Black Sliding panoramic contrast roof" in my build. Some how it's got missed and dealer order it without a contrast root.
luckily I found it before the last Amendment date. While I contacted the dealer they said its a $650 extra option. Then i ask them to check
again because, Its been a free option since 2013 for RRS ATB. Dealer came back and said "sorry its a free option for ATB we missed it while ordering
your ATB", and they updated the order and send me the new build sheet.

From my memory Sliding panoramic contrast roof was never been a free option for RRS SC, since the online configurator is not very accurate I won't really trust that.
while I look through the RRS brochure (Page 61) "Sliding panoramic contrast roof" is not standard on RRS SC, its standard on RRS ATB.
Text Font Line Document Number

·
Registered
235 Posts
I ordered my Dynamic. No charge for roof. But there was a $355 charge for the black headliner. However online the headliner was $0. My dealer said she checked it and the Grey and Tan Headliner are $0 but the black (either one) has the charge. So the build online is not accurate.

Unless someone here tells me they got a black headliner with no charge.

·
Registered
42 Posts

yep same here, also found out you couldn't order any of the SVO colors either

·
Registered
18 Posts
My dealer covered the cost for the black roof since the online configurator is wrong. It should not be difficult to update the website to reflect the correct pricing.

Also online the vision assist pack states that it includes Park Assist. On my build sheet, Park Assist is not included, and it is not, in fact, included.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.