RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like MY2016 Range Rover online configuration is finally up on LR USA.
Those interested in purchasing an Autobiography have a multitude of 34 exterior colour choices to choose from, 19 of which are an :shock: $14,500 option. I've got to say, INTERESTING names for the colours, and INTERESTING colours themselves. My favourites are Balmoral Blue, Ruffina Red, which is quite luxurious IMO, and Valloire White Pearl, the colour that was featured on MY2014 ATB Black at NYIAS and Press Release images. Worth the look even if you're not purchasing one, which might lead you to purchase one :)

The Ebony Ivory interior is also updated, which is nice, Ebony on lower portions of the door and centre console.

Really happy Style 707 and 708 are available for the RR Supercharged, those are my favourites alloys.

Quick question on turn indicators in the headlamps: Has anyone noticed that the turn indicators don't go all the way across the headlamp unit for NA vehicles, like they do for EU/ROW vehicles? Is there a reason behind this? Just curious.
Also, has anyone tried changing amber reflectors to clear ones, like EU/ROW vehicles in the headlamps for the latest gen RRs?

Best wishes to those with 2016s landing in the upcoming weeks and/or months!

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
I saw a Valloire white RR ATB Black Edition at a local dealer last year ... they offered it to me at msrp after it sat on their lot for 7 months! The Valloire white was not worth $14,500. It looked like a really nice white in the showroom, but once in the real world with a bit of dirt it will look like every other slightly dirty white car and only you would know that you had paid a premium for that!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw a Valloire white RR ATB Black Edition at a local dealer last year ... they offered it to me at msrp after it sat on their lot for 7 months! The Valloire white was not worth $14,500. It looked like a really nice white in the showroom, but once in the real world with a bit of dirt it will look like every other slightly dirty white car and only you would know that you had paid a premium for that!
That's the downside of that ultra premium paint. I love the blacks, but at times hard to maintain. The solid Fuji looks classy and the Santorini sophisticated in my opinion. But it doesn't hurt every once in a while to deviate from the mainstream colours, which is why I'm still on the fence of going Santorini or Loire. There's quite the extensive range of colours, and yet very few are chosen and seen on the road, but regardless, I enjoy seeing them.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Just checked the 2016 RR configurator. Interesting that last year all these "premium" color choices were not on the configurator. Maybe now that we are a few years into this model, they want to give people another reason to upgrade and differentiate themselves from the other RR out there. I'd have a hard time spending the money on one of those "premium" colors without having seen it live ... but then it wouldn't be so unique if someone else in your area also had one `).

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is SO TRUE! I don't even think the colour pallet dealers have would do it justice.

For me personally, it would be too big a surprise if I ordered an ATB with a $14,500 premium colour, wait for months, and not like it 100%. Love it in fact. But I'm seriously loving that Balmoral Blue. I'd love to see one live.

·
Premium Member
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
903 Posts
Wow those are some nice colors.

The Spectral colors are nice looking.

And that Madagascar Orange. drool.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is some colors to see...
I really liked the Carpathian grey colour during the press release of the TDV6 on the sport.

I've also configured it online, and it seemed very nice, but of course, the online configurator doesn't do it justice.

Looking at this colour pallet of Carpathian Grey, I didn't think it was that dark. Maybe it changes with the lighting?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I really liked the Carpathian grey colour during the press release of the TDV6 on the sport.

I've also configured it online, and it seemed very nice, but of course, the online configurator doesn't do it justice.

Looking at this colour pallet of Carpathian Grey, I didn't think it was that dark. Maybe it changes with the lighting?
Its changes

141905d1437061565-range-rover-my16-interior-exterior-new-colors-image.jpg
141881d1437061565-range-rover-my16-interior-exterior-new-colors-image.jpg

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts