Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read on this forum that some people are able to order a MY2014.5. I have two questions:

1. Does anyone know if the black design pack is currently available to be ordered (right now)? I've called my dealer in SoCal... but they're completely clueless. Which, quite frankly, is a shame when you're spending ~$100k on a vehicle; and

2. Are there any configurators out there where you can add this option and see it on a vehicle? I checked the UK site, figuring this would be where it appears first... but the UK configurator is undergoing maintenance to reflect the latest updates to the model range. Hopefully all of the 2014.5 updates.

Please let me know.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Maybe someone will chime in who knows more, or for sure. As far as I was told by my dealer in NY (Same response you got, clueless at first). It won't be available in the US for 14.5. Only in the UK. Did my own research and came to the same conclusion. I was more than tempted to wait on it, but bit the bullet in the end as I could never get a date on when it would be available here.
It still more than irritates me as the cars are made in the same production facility - Just add SOME BLACK BITS .......... :?: They've been doing it to the LR4's for long enough.......
As you say the UK configuring bit is being updated. I still look at it, just to try and torture myself a bit more. At least I want to be able to add the black bits to the photo :? even though they won't be on my 100K car :-|
Cheers AJ.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AJ - thanks for the feedback. Yeah, I'm not sure I can wait. I may just order the 2014.5 and then do the black package myself. I'm already getting after market (black) wheels; so just need to do some painting of grill, mirror caps, vents and branding. Then I can do exactly what I want, as I'm not sure I would do the full side blades/vents.

Anyone else have discussions with US dealers or want this design pack?

·
Registered
306 Posts
AJ - thanks for the feedback. Yeah, I'm not sure I can wait. I may just order the 2014.5 and then do the black package myself. I'm already getting after market (black) wheels; so just need to do some painting of grill, mirror caps, vents and branding. Then I can do exactly what I want, as I'm not sure I would do the full side blades/vents.

Anyone else have discussions with US dealers or want this design pack?
I wanted it but found out it wasn't availible on my build (2014.25) but I thought it was only available on the AB model. I don't remember what was included but I plan to have my grill, trim, and mirrors painted black. I'll replaced the lettering on the front and back with black letters. What else is black in the " Black Package"?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.