RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a list of "approved" lubricants, gels, foams, tapes, felts and mats available through Land Rover dealers (and hopefully most auto part stores as well) to address various squeaks and rattles around the car. The interesting part is that each product gets a full, detailed description on its effectiveness and suggested applications over a variety of different plastics and materials, so it could be real useful to DIYers.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
Would this kit be an overkill for individual owners since it seems to be a lot of product? Like to get my hands on it, but I'm sure it must be expensive since it for dealers.

gkwait - I took the upper glove box out a while ago, its held by clips. If I remember right, if you take the small trim panel off that is below the right vent (next to the door) you can then reach in and pull the box out. Just make sure you account for the clips when you put it back as you will have a rattle otherwise

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
211 Posts
This cracks me up that a high end luxury suv (late generation as well mind you!) gets a tsb for stuff you'd associate with a cheap 90s Korean car hahaha

I'm with you all, the only one I care about is the obnoxious mouse-sounding squeak over rough roads near the glove box / passenger door sometimes!

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
.....the obnoxious mouse-sounding squeak over rough roads near the glove box / passenger door sometimes!
I think this noise is by the vent. I have it as well, I pulled the right trim by the door off, which sits below the vent, and I lifted the plastic\grey vent molding and was able to make it squeak, but it seems to be closer to the dash cover, just need to figure out how to get closer or spray the area with something wd 40 :).

When I had the re-circ cent fixed that squeaked, looked like the tech sprayed some grease all over the place behind the glove box, so when i opened up the trim and glovebox and vent few months ago, I had to clean that mess up as well.

·
Registered
167 Posts
When I had the re-circ cent fixed that squeaked, looked like the tech sprayed some grease all over the place behind the glove box, so when i opened up the trim and glovebox and vent few months ago, I had to clean that mess up as well.
Funny you should mention that. I had my re-circ door lubricated at the same dealership as you. When I pulled my panels off I noticed the same exact thing. When I reached my hands behind the glove box they came out like I had dunked them in a tub of crisco. Have you pulled your pollen filter since they lube'd the door? Mine had grease all over it.

One of these days, I need your help getting that glove box off, I'm confident the squeak/mouse noise if coming from behind there. I hope you can find it on yours before I do. Drives me CRAZY!

·
Registered
7 Posts
My **** steering column rattles off and on when traveling under 50mph. It's so frustrating I'm thinking about trading her in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts