RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
VIN Number : SALLPAMJ31A458838

Long story short, bus overtakes car too close and anihilates my drivers side door mirror and casing. Insurance claim approved, its taken over to a repair shop in Cheltenham and after a day all appears well but during the course of some driving the mirror shows up a couple of niggles...

1. It auto dips down to the correct level on selecting 'R' and starts to return to the 'up' position when its not in 'R' but not all the way. End result a mirror that ends up pointing at the floor after a few parking moneouvers.
2. Since the mirror was whacked off I decided to start folding them in when its parked up however it doesnt 'click clunk' into place when its moved back out for driving.

After talking to the place that did the repair they have agreed to a second attempt next Friday but did say that the mirror assembly they ordered from the chassis number was incorrect and built one from parts. The assembly they ordered had a 20 pin plug and the one on my vehicle was 6 pin apparently.

Intrigued I spoke to the LR main dealers in Staverton and very helpfully have narrowed it down to CRB001720LML (R/H Primed With Memory) - £192.00 +VAT = £230.40 from a part list. Its a superceeded part number apparently. They also said that neither they or Colliers in Birmingham had received orders for mirrors in the last month.

So my question is that after looking at various pictures/descriptions for CRB001720LML I cant seem to find any that detail the plug on it. Is it the right one for the car or has someone been butchering the wiring on my bus yet again ?

·
Premium Member
2,565 Posts
There's a 12 pin, a 10 pin and a 6 pin, there is no 20 pin.

If you have memory its 10 pin or 12 pin if it also has electrochromatic mirrors, these two are physically the same plug (large and square-ish overall), the 6 pin plug is much smaller, slender and rectangular overall.

All can be found on eBay for next to nothing, to fit a 6 pin to a 10/12pin requires rewiring at least - or worse, butchery.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts