RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover MkIV / L405
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone experiencing the below?

When you come to a stop, at a red light for example, do you hear a low whine that last anywhere from 30-120 seconds? Or when the stop/start feature is on, the engine stops and then restarts but you don't move, for example, you let your foot up off the brake peddle a bit enough for the engine to start, do you hear a whine when the engine is just idling and your not moving? The sound may shut off with a subtle but audible click of a relay.

Much appreciated.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Do you have the cabin air ionisation feature? Try turning that off. It will sometimes produce a whining noise for me which I believe has also been mentioned in other threads.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover MkIV / L405
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have the cabin air ionisation feature? Try turning that off. It will sometimes produce a whining noise for me which I believe has also been mentioned in other threads.
Its not that, Actually JLR UK sent my dealer some sort of special listening device to triangulate and locate the sound, it was coming from the rear ACE Bar. When they pull the fuse to that system, they can stop the whine (and function of the ace bar). They have replaced the ace bar, and sound remains. They are replacing part after part and now saying its "sort of" typical and JLR engineers "may" have a repair "if" they can develop it. huh???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts