RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hey guys, I’ve read the manual, watched countless you tube videos, searched online, listened to my cars tutorial and cannot find the commands on how to do voice to nav in my car.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Re: 2018 RR navigation commands

Hey guys, I’ve read the manual, watched countless you tube videos, searched online, listened to my cars tutorial and cannot find the commands on how to do voice to nav in my car.
It was partially introduced in the latest update, 17C. Not all features are there yet, but navigate home and cancel route guidance are there. More to come in future updates, supposedly.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
977 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts

·
SUPER MODERATOR
977 Posts
Re: 2018 RR navigation commands

While not on topic to title, this does apply to the latest posts and the 17C4 ICTP upgrade:

SSM73792 - Loss of voice related features after updating InControl Touch Pro with version 17C4

Reference: SSM73792
Models
Discovery / L462
Discovery Sport / L550
Range Rover / L405
Range Rover Evoque / L538
Range Rover Sport / L494
Range Rover Velar / L560

Title
Loss of voice related features after updating InControl Touch Pro with version 17C4

Category
Electrical

Last modified
23-Mar-2018 00:00:00

Symptom
207000 Entertainment Systems

Content
Issue: In some cases vehicles that have been updated to InControl Touch Pro version 17C4, the infotainment system can no longer process voice inputs or outputs.
Common symptoms are reported as:

Voice commands are not recognized
Voice output such as spoken navigation guidance is inoperative.
Cause: During the process of updating the Infotainment Master Control module (IMC) a voice database can become corrupted. While the root cause of this issue is still under investigation, an interim solution is available to replace the corrupted database.

Correction:

Confirm the symptoms match both descriptions above.
If both voice input and output are affected, you will also probably find that the Voice Recognition menu is blank confirming a corrupted database.
Open a TA case for escalation to the NGI recovery team.
Additional details for scheduling a WebEx session will be provided via the TA process.
If the issue is limited to a “voice input only” failure mode, this might be caused by a hardware failure of voice command button or microphone etc. Continue troubleshooting as normal and open a TA if required.

NOTE Evoque convertible models do not support voice commands and the "voice command" button on the steering wheel only provides a "mute" function. For this vehicle this issue only applies to voice output such as navigation guidance

1 - 10 of 10 Posts