Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whilst adding a couple of extra options to my order, I asked my dealer to confirm that my car would be an MY14 - he's come back saying it will be an MY14.25 model. That .25 bit was quite reassuring, as I didn't want to miss any of the latest enhancements. I've asked him to let me know what differences my car will have to the current model, so will post here once he gets back to me. I've seen the MY14 changes document someone else posted, but as that was a US spec, I'll be interested to see if the UK spec differs.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
770 Posts
hahahaha... thats quite funny... I dont think they make mid-year changed though... at most bundling in recalls/fixes, but i dont think anything changes in the line? many brands have .5 changes iirc, but I dont think LR has? (unless my mmemory fails me?)

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
201 Posts
Whilst adding a couple of extra options to my order, I asked my dealer to confirm that my car would be an MY14 - he's come back saying it will be an MY14.25 model. That .25 bit was quite reassuring, as I didn't want to miss any of the latest enhancements. I've asked him to let me know what differences my car will have to the current model, so will post here once he gets back to me. I've seen the MY14 changes document someone else posted, but as that was a US spec, I'll be interested to see if the UK spec differs.
So can you post your printed order confirmation so we can see the changes?

·
Registered
201 Posts
You might want to chase your order down down. I placed my order for a US spec 2014 SC last week June 30th, and immediately received a print out with the specs, build date (Sept 11th) and delivery date (Oct 20th)

As an aside....so much for the early talk of a 1 year wait for delivery...my delivery to the US taking just 3.5 months.

·
Registered
306 Posts
You might want to chase your order down down. I placed my order for a US spec 2014 SC last week June 30th, and immediately received a print out with the specs, build date (Sept 11th) and delivery date (Oct 20th)

As an aside....so much for the early talk of a 1 year wait for delivery...my delivery to the US taking just 3.5 months.
Now I'm pissed. I placed my supercharged order 2 months ago and I was told December was my delivery date. I did not get a print out or a build date. I just sent my sales guy an email. Argh!

·
Registered
306 Posts

Is this the V8 supercharged? Can you post your print out minus your personal information?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Is this the V8 supercharged? Can you post your print out minus your personal information?
Yes...a NA spec 2014 V8 SuperCharged. I've attached the build sheet with order/delivery dates: Order June, Deliver October. (It's 3 pages)
And now I see it says 2014.25 model year.
My only concern is that those desirable techy items listed on here as "LESS" (Lane Departure Warning , Traffic Sign Recognition and Wade Sensing) may show up at 2014.50 model year

Text Line Font Parallel Illustration
Text Font Line Document Paper
Text Font Document Paper

·
Registered
306 Posts
Thanks Sam18! That was pretty nice of you and very helpful. I will send this to my sales guy. It appears my vehicle hasn't been actually ordered yet even though I put my deposit down in April. Smh.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover MkIV / L405
43 Posts
So i am confused, i have a my14.25 V8 SC on order, delivery the end of october, What do the "less" items mean on Sam818's order (ie, lane change assist)? Are they included or not?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes...a NA spec 2014 V8 SuperCharged. I've attached the build sheet with order/delivery dates: Order June, Deliver October. (It's 3 pages)
And now I see it says 2014.25 model year.
My only concern is that those desirable techy items listed on here as "LESS" (Lane Departure Warning , Traffic Sign Recognition and Wade Sensing) may show up at 2014.50 model year

View attachment 19090 View attachment 19098 View attachment 19106
Notice '101AG' (SWB)?? All the talk in the press about whether the LWB would be coming out & the answer was there all the time ;) '086DA' (Traffic Sign Recognition) sounds cool too.......probably won't see that on MY14.25 though :(

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover MkIV / L405
43 Posts
seems strange they list items that they are not including, the "less items", why even mention it. heck, they could make it really interesting for the speculative buyers and print "less bullet proof option pack" or "less passenger eject feature". Generally, I think this "less" business is a bad practice, knowing these things are in the works could cause a person to stall a purchase if they think these items will be in a future variation. Problem is, there is always something in the work and some people may wait and wait and wait.........

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
770 Posts
Well, I suppose someone "could" stall on a "less" item, but given the current market, someone would likely swoop in pretty quickly to take up the passed-up car...

I think it is probably due to some sort of computer issue where they input the items but the ones that arent ready for prime time are flagged with a less... probably could be just "skipped" over and not outputted, but who knows... none of these items are really breakthroughs and most are coming for a fact afaik in future versions, who knows if thats 14.5 or 15...but really, you need to cut off sometime and just bite the bullet... next years will always have a little something extra...

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
seems strange they list items that they are not including, the "less items", why even mention it. heck, they could make it really interesting for the speculative buyers and print "less bullet proof option pack" or "less passenger eject feature". Generally, I think this "less" business is a bad practice, knowing these things are in the works could cause a person to stall a purchase if they think these items will be in a future variation. Problem is, there is always something in the work and some people may wait and wait and wait.........
Most people don't even know about these build sheets. They are not really meant to be given to the customer... They are designed more for internal use.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.