RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not knowing if I really would like a running board, I purchased a knock-off set from eBay for $390. Bought from a vendor in LA. Package arrived in 5 business days. Had NO instructions, 2 bolts missing from the blister pack holding the hardware (bought replacments at ACE). (UPS totallly destroyed the package, and the blister package tore open, and 2 of the 22 bolts fell out during shipment).

Since others had confirmed that both the OEM and replicas do not come with the pre-cut trim long the bottom of the chassis, I couldn't see buying OEM for twice the price.

The thing that worried me was making the cuts correctly using measurments or creating paper templates shown in the intructions.

** Turns out the trim pieces had the cut lines molded into the plastic, so accuracy was not an issue. **

I printed the instructions for the OEM boards from TOPIX, and 3 hours later, it was done. Anyway, thought I'd share the info about the cut lines on the trim pieces.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
211 Posts
Re: MY11 up Running Board install FYI (OEM & Aftermarket)

At 3 hours you did pretty good! Then again those trace lines on the trim pieces must have helped BIG TIME. I absolutely love mine, was the second mod I did after the '10+ tails. If the paint doesn't hold up well (it better since I shelled out the $$ for OEM) I'll repaint them a brighter silver to match the hyper-silver wheels.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Now you have opened up a can of worms.

The trim on my El-Cheapo boards are not painted; they are brushed aluminum. I've already had to scrub them because of all the dirt and grease I got all over them. They cleaned quickly with a sponge-scrubber, but I'm wondering if the finish will oxidize over time.

The match the shade of my rims, but of course, not the finish because of the brushed surface.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
91 Posts

Can someone tell me the size of bolts for the running boards. I just picked up a mint condition set of OEM boards but don't have any bolts. Dealer does not sell the bolts by itself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts