RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately it's been doing this, I can't seem to open it by itself, any help will be appreciated, thank you.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
103 Posts
Mine does the same thing sometimes, or it'll open half way and stop, I thought it was detecting some obstacle but it'll do it when nothing is close by

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,719 Posts
I am thinking we need a few more details than a one liner. Is it doing as mik says and opening part way? Is it opening part way and then closing? Is it not unlatching? What is actually happening?

Are you facing Solihull while standing on your left foot and holding the remote with pinkey extended? :lol:

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts
Lube your latch. It's sticking a little and not fully releasing causing it to auto latch and close again.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am thinking we need a few more details than a one liner. Is it doing as mik says and opening part way? Is it opening part way and then closing? Is it not unlatching? What is actually happening?

Are you facing Solihull while standing on your left foot and holding the remote with pinkey extended? :lol:
It unlatches and then locks back again. It only moves an inch or less, I have to hold the latch button and try to pull it as I unlock, and that doesn't work always, because it locks up so fast. As seen in the video, I tried to unlock it using the remote 3 times.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lube your latch. It's sticking a little and not fully releasing causing it to auto latch and close again.
Thanks, I didn't think of that, I will do that tomorrow:)

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,719 Posts
That is part of the standard regular owner maintenance... just like spraying hinges, checking fluids and inspecting lighting. You should be lubing up all four door latches as well paying careful attention to the drivers door since it is subjected to the most abuse.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Now as putting lube on it makes sense, big time, I have noticed that it actually takes quite a bit of pressure to stop automatic opening from opening up, I have to lean on the trunk to prevent from opening up to have manual function of the tailgate, so since 70% of the time it does work like it's supposed to and then 30% of the time it does the thing when it does not want to complete the cycle, my opinion would be that it's a little more then sticky strut, but that's just my opinion, I'll definitely put some lube on it lol and I'll report to you guys after few tries

·
Registered
103 Posts
Just now I thought of two more possibilities why this issue could be happening, both are ifs but bad alignment of the angle or perhaps slightly bend strut causing it to grab at a certain spot, just sort of throwing it out there

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just lubed it then and I haven't had the problem since then. But I know it acts up in winter.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts