Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have spent all my working life in Manufacturing so far, most of it in the Auto Industry. I know just how challenging it can be to design and make something over and over and make it perfect, especially a relatively spendy luxury Car like my L494 with so many parts with the potential of at least something failing, after all, it came with all the options, even rear entertainment, all the Boxes were checked (Ticked to fellow Brits).

Happily, I've been proven wrong, apart from a TPMS error, which was fixed with a re-flash and never came back, there hasn't been one single problem.

Most expect any Land Rover Product to spend a lot of time at the Dealer, I know I did, but I've only been there twice, once for a six month Oil change (I know) and the TPMS re-flash at around 3000 miles, and last week for a 12 month Service and another Oil change at around 6300 miles.

By the way, I owned a 2013 RRS LE before this one for 10,000 miles and 18 months, same thing, zero problems.

Well done everyone at Lode Lane, you really know how to put things together right, it's not easy.

Maybe I should start being more optimistic, I've been proven wrong twice!! :oops:

·
RIP Our Friend
27,834 Posts
Far more people have positive experiences with their Range Rovers than are portrayed in any forum. Most owners go about their daily driving with never knowing what all the negative media fuss is about. Some folks, like you, have minor items like the TPMS and are realistic enough not to let it ruin the experience where some owners would be filing a lawsuit over it. It's been noted several times that Land Rover owners have the highest satisfaction of ownership ratings yet still report the most issues. In other words LR owners just complain more. :lol:

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Far more people have positive experiences with their Range Rovers than are portrayed in any forum. Most owners go about their daily driving with never knowing what all the negative media fuss is about. Some folks, like you, have minor items like the TPMS and are realistic enough not to let it ruin the experience where some owners would be filing a lawsuit over it. It's been noted several times that Land Rover owners have the highest satisfaction of ownership ratings yet still report the most issues. In other words LR owners just complain more. :lol:
You're absolutely right. Obviously, most think that if they Pay high Dollar for any kind of Car that it will be flawless when the opposite is true, there is just more "stuff" to go wrong. It's very hard to build a perfect Vehicle, in fact, Manufacturing any Product is.

Most People take for granted what is actually involved and it's usually those that have never Built anything that do, which is understandable, those that "make things" are portrayed as ugly little Elves who are locked away in the North Pole somewhere. LOL

So everyone, tomorrow morning, when you climb into your Range Rover, press the start Button and take off into your Day, please spare a thought for those that made it happen and send them a virtual pat on the Back.

Cheers then!!

·
RIP Our Friend
27,834 Posts
Dead on. The concept of third party suppliers often escapes most folks. Yes Land Rover stamps their name on the finished product but there are dozens and dozens of third and fourth party companies in the supply chain. Reported issues are rarely an assembly issue. Often it is a third party failure or poorly produced part in the midst of things that fowls things up.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dead on. The concept of third party suppliers often escapes most folks. Yes Land Rover stamps their name on the finished product but there are dozens and dozens of third and fourth party companies in the supply chain. Reported issues are rarely an assembly issue. Often it is a third party failure or poorly produced part in the midst of things that fowls things up.
Plus, the third party (1st Tier) have their suppliers too.

Like we always say, once a third party is involved it's pretty much out of your control.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I am a happy customer as well. First British car for me and was a bit nervous about the quality, but 6 months in, it has performed (one visit to the dealer to get the trunk rails installed (missed in the build) and one to fix the tank sloshing) at least on par with the latest 5-series I had (windshield cracked the first week and poor paint job on the rear bumper) and my CLK convertible (malfunctioning defroster on rear window and a seam on the soft-top opening up).

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
161 Posts
Ha - imagine how boring a forum would be if everyone just wrote in and said... no problems! Much more fun to rail about tiny details, no?

(PS - I am now past four years and 55,000 km with my Gen 1 RRS, ditto with Jaguar's experience despite driving about 25% off pavement, just more oil changes.... like I said, boring :roll: )

·
Registered
341 Posts
17 months, 13K miles, and just the recalls as mentioned above. Land Rover have never been on my radar until I started reading about the new RRS in the car mags. Now that I'm driving one, its like I've become the brunt of the lemon jokes. I don't even argue anymore.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts