Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, you can probably mark this in the silly and unimportant file, but wtf, here goes. came back to my truck yesterday and noticed that the "T" was missing from the back, so now instead of "SPORT HSE" it just says "SPOR HSE." oh well, no biggee, as i was looking at it closely, i started thinking the truck might look cleaner without any of those letters, and they seem pretty easy to remove. or perhaps i should go back to the dealer and get a new "T" put on. ahh yes, my call i know - but was wondering if others have found themselves in a similar predicament?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,015 Posts
Save yourself 80 bucks and do it yourself, some masking tape to mark the spot before your remove the letters, a hair drier, dental floss, some rags and a bit of patience to remove the old decal and clean the surface from leftover glue before applying the new one. I can't imagine it would take you more than 15/20 minutes to do it all. Among all the RRS odds and ends I stored in my garage at home over time, I may actually have an extra decal like that, I remember buying it on eBay years ago but I don't think I ever used it. If I can find it and the glue is still good I'll PM you tonight. My price will be substantially better than the dealer's. `)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just a quick follow up here - brought the truck into local dealer (BMC SF) and they ended up doing the replacement for free - parts and labor. my service guy put it in as a warranty job and got it through that way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.