Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. Next time, I will always have the windows closed. Thankfully, I don't have anything heavy loose inside, just my jacket, 'coz it was cold that morning. My Son is 11, and the guy beside him is one of the sales guy from our local Land Rover dealer. They have off roading events a few times a year, and they invite their customers.

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
741 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, we both did. I admit, even though I have a lot of nicks and scratches after I washed the car yesterday, I did not regret it. I loved it. The sales man that sold me the vehicle called me this morning and ask me to bring the Rover to the dealer so that they will buffed out the scratches on it. I thought, that's nice of them.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
1,991 Posts
that was a brilliant idea letting an 11 year old drive! I did not know you can get a permit at 11?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's a closed, private trail, so, no, you don't need a drivers license. You should have seen kids going thru the trails. Have you not seen kids on a motor bike doing off road? or kids driving a farming vehicle? Do you think they have permits?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2013 RS, 2017 FFRR
4,524 Posts
It's a closed, private trail, so, no, you don't need a drivers license. You should have seen kids going thru the trails. Have you not seen kids on a motor bike doing off road? or kids driving a farming vehicle? Do you think they have permits?
It's just very surprising that the dealership was OK with this as a sanctioned event. Normally at this type of LR dealer event designed to teach offroading basics, everyone has to sign a waiver, and no one without a driver's license is allowed to drive for liability purposes. I'm guessing that this dealership is either unfamiliar with that, or the sales folks didn't have people sign waivers.

I suppose you'd have to ask yourself, had he had an issue, or an accident, would you have felt comfortable assuming 100% of the responsibility of any damage or loss of life to your own family or dealership employees or other's property. Quite honestly...unless it were my own kid in the car, if I were a dealer employee, I would not be in a $60K car driven by an 11 year old or for that matter anyone without a license.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Point taken. I guess, I was just being defensive from my last response, 'coz I noticed sarcasm from sblvro post. If it was approached the way you said it, I would embraced it. Thanks for that by the way, that'll be the last time, 'til he can drive.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I cant wait it, it says the video is private.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts