Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did not drive it for a couple weeks, and, of course, dead battery. The charger is sending error signals so I am thinking the Rover ate the battery (6 months old, still tasty).

So, I go to jump it, and the message screen flashed a bunch of words that really look German to me. How do I say WTF in German? Or even better, how do I teach this english vehicle ENGLISH again?

G

·
I wouldnt worry too much about it, my Rover goes German on me if the battery is really low. Once you get a new battery it should return to English.

·
Registered
922 Posts
probably trying to retain its BMW heritage :doh: :naughty: :lol:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Same thing happened to me when the battery was low. I had SRS and ABS fault on the screen, sometimes accompanied by a message in german. A properly charged battery will fix that :thumb:

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, looks like I can get a warranty replacement tomorrow.

Of all the wierd things this thing has done over the last 8 years, this is the only bad language IT has used, normally it is me using the bad words.

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
They do seem to have a tendency to revert to Deutsche Sprache when something goes wrong. :mrgreen:
A few weeks ago the engine stalled when switching to petrol, my first reaction was to try and give it a rolling start (had been driving the manual for a while and just switched back to the auto), which didn't work but did give a gearbox error (no gearselection, only D-N-R), in German. Shut off the engine, started it again and all was fine. In the worst case, the BECM could forget it's language setting and need reprogramming.

Greetz,

Filip

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Funny,

Well it speaks english, as least for now. No it does not makes sense, but it is a P38 so I have learned to expect things to not makes sense.

And it has also taught me more creative ways to use my bad words as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts