RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a recent owner of a 2000 RR hse 4.6. I have been noticing that when i drive over a divided lane or ridge on the freeway..my rover.....roves...its all over the place, and if i happen to drive over a bump or ridge while negotiating a long curve....the entire vehicle will jar in the direction of the turn. I have read several of the posts on this absolutely wonderful and informative website with regards to front end wobble, steering etc...but havent found one that really matches my symptoms.

I dont have a vibration at any given speed...and i hear no clunking sound that one would expect from a bad wheel bearing or ball joint. So ZI am wondering could it be the tye rod ends...as it does show some of the symptoms associated with tye end wear.

PLEASE help!!!!/:(

·
Banned
449 Posts
Expect you have already read this...

http://www.rangerovers.net/newrremedies.html#steering

..but with symptoms as bad as that yes it has to be wear/maladjustment somewhere in the ball joints/tie bars/rack & linkages (etc), regardless of any 'lack of clunking' or any vibration...?

The best help is to suggest you will have to jack it up on the front (both sides) and do all the usual checks for wear (tie rod/ends and beyond)....

- In other words just stop 'wondering about the cause of the wandering' and investigate it - physically - and ASAP !

·
Registered
127 Posts
Sounds like worn shock absorbers (dampeners, if you want to call 'em that). They keep the tires in contact with the road instead of allowing them to bounce at will.

Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts