RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the new HSE and own a Bernese Mountain dog. Even with the car lowered, my dog has issues jumping into the rear trunk due to the height of the car. I know I could go with a ladder, but they don't transport easily.

Anyone else with this issue?

·
Registered
536 Posts
When I was at the vets the other day I saw car ramps for dogs. They fold up about 2 foot long and can take up to 50kg.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When I was at the vets the other day I saw car ramps for dogs. They fold up about 2 foot long and can take up to 50kg.
Yup, well aware, but most of them don't really work with a RR. One of the is a ladder that scares the crap out of my dog and the other one a ramp that even when my car is lowered, it is still at a pretty steep angle and he struggles to get up and usually bails. My pooch is 130 pounds and sadly not as strong as he used to be.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
58 Posts
We have Cane Corso and he was taught using the ramp (heavy duty type) step by step.

For our convenience we built an additional floor, like a platform.
There is approx. 4-5 inch room under neath that can be used to store the ramp.
We also put a dog bed on top, the dog loves it.

Quite a show when people watch us, but so what?
Jumping is not allowed due to health reasons and I am not putting up a 60kg dog. (again due to health reasons;-)

With an older dog that´s a different story though.
SUV is probably not the best one that purpose.

I also drive a Jag, the dog loves to get on the back seat.
Open the door - whoopee - here he comes.

If you´d ask my dog, he´d prefer the Jag :-(
(However, he is simply not being asked)

Cheers! Max

Hrmnnjag1.jpg

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My wife figured out a pretty cool trick for getting the dog in the trunk. She backs the car into the stairs to the patio and basically the dog just walks out. Works well for when were at home...not so much when were on the road!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts