RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guy my poor RRS suffered its first accident this weekend.

My fiancé couldn't estimate the size of the truck and scratched the front right bumper on the garage door.

Good news is that the clear bra took most of the damage, all the paint transfer came right off with a little compound and hand power. The clear bra did get ripped off in two places but underneath the paint is pristine. I had to remind her that when I got the bra put on she laughed at me and said why would I spend some much money to laminate my car.

Lesson learned that stuff is well worth. In fact, I will be having mine redone to cover the patches she tore off.

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,545 Posts
Re: My poor baby had an accident but clear bra saved the day!

Well guy my poor RRS suffered its first accident this weekend.

My fiancé couldn't estimate the size of the truck and scratched the front right bumper on the garage door.

Good news is that the clear bra took most of the damage, all the paint transfer came right off with a little compound and hand power. The clear bra did get ripped off in two places but underneath the paint is pristine. I had to remind her that when I got the bra put on she laughed at me and said why would I spend some much money to laminate my car.

Lesson learned that stuff is well worth. In fact, I will be having mine redone to cover the patches she tore off.
a couple of years ago the clear bra on my Z06 Corvette saved the bumper. I was driving on a twisty road, came around a corner and there was a tree
branch in the middle of the road. I had nowhere to go and the bumper hit the branch square on. The bumper looked a mess. I removed
The clear bra. The paint had a couple of tiny spider cracks where the bumper had flexed, but a little polish and elbow grease, a new clear bra and all is good. The clear bra can definitely save the paint.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
1,990 Posts

what brand clear bra? xpel or laminx?

·
Registered
750 Posts

I thought ClearBra was 3M. Xpel and Laminx are just competing brands.

-ThinkMac-

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Yep, I believe it was the 3M version.

·
Registered
24 Posts

Could anyone explain the difference between a clear bra and opti-coating and wrapping?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Could anyone explain the difference between a clear bra and opti-coating and wrapping?
Clearbra or xpel is a physical film applied over your paint, opti-coat is a chemical gel that is also applied over your paint, a wrap is similar to a clearbra or xpel but not as resilient as it usually used to change the color or look temporarily.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts