RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 04 Range Rover.. My Passengerr door window is stuck down and it wont go up at all! All other windows work fine. Window goes down but wont go up. Please Help How will i go about diagnoising this problem? fuses look ok.

·
Registered
2010 SC 5.0 Range Rover MkIII / L322
2,004 Posts
you should remove the door panel and inspect the window lift as they are cable driven and can be replaced,
thats if the window motor is working.
Also try looking into the door through the window slot from the top of the window edge

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited by Moderator)
Thanks for reply. I check all of that, and is everything is still intact. Could it be a wire shortage? There is no power going to the switch at all, nor from the driver side. By any chance do you know what "Color Wire" controls the window to go 'Up' or 'Down'? Reply asap. thanks!

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
You can download RAVE and look at the wiring diagrams.

·
Registered
2016 HSE Td6
925 Posts
Thanks for reply. I check all of that, and is everything is still intact. Could it be a wire shortage? There is no power going to the switch at all, nor from the driver side. By any chance do you know what "Color Wire" controls the window to go 'Up' or 'Down'? Reply asap. thanks!
According the RAVE I downloaded the window "up" from the door module to the window motor is Black/Gray and "down" is Black/Green, with Brown being the ground.

As previously stated, you can download the RAVE for free and probably get the answer to these types of questions faster by looking it up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply guys! I ran the Black/Gray wire which is the wire to "roll up" the window, from the rear door to the Front Passenger door and its still is not getting any power to roll window up, the Window will only roll down. What else could be the solution to fix this problem guys? The motor had also got replaced. Reply asap thanks!!

·
Registered
2016 HSE Td6
925 Posts
Well, if you have removed the motor and you've verified that these power (which it sounds like you have), then I'd start piece by piece.

I'd take the motor and with direct ground and power I'd feed the motor to both feeds to make sure it's working both directions. If it does, then you know it either has to be the wiring (including the ground) or something in the mechanism is broke or there's something blocking the guide/etc.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
80 Posts
Identify this foam piece from Rear Door. Window Regulator R

I just replaced the Passenger Rear Window regulator in my 2006 Range Rover SC.

I found this foam piece inside the door, and I coudn;t figure out what ir does, or where it goes.

20180711_203341_zpsqttfbpwm.jpg
20180711_203338_zpsfsddg0hg.jpg
20180711_203344_zpspydulsvq.jpg
20180711_203348_zpsfh2gyldo.jpg

if anyone recognizes it please help.

Thanks,
Lou

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
80 Posts
The cable on the Window Regulator on my rear passenger door broke in June. We were driving to the pool and I heard a strange noise, and thought someone had thrown something at the car. My daughter was in back seat, and she heard it too. Then as we drove the window started to slowly lower. I tried to raise the window, but there was just a grinding noise. I stopped raising window because I didn't wan to damage any parts inside the door.

When we returned home, I removed the door panel, and I could see the cable was only attached to one end of the window regulator, and the door had several pieces of broken plastic in bottom. I have replaced window regulators on lots of different cars, and the range Rover looked very straight forward compared to Volvo, General Motors.

I pushed window up using my hand inside the door. I measured gap to bottom of door, and cut a piece of 2x4 to hold window up, and keep rain and people out while I waited for replacement -parts.

I ordered a replacement Window Regulator from Amazon. It arrived the next day, and I installed it. Its worked exactly like OEM.

When I was finished, I had an extra foam piece laying in bottom of door. I couldn't ever figure out where is goes. I didn't see any picture in RAVE.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts