RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All! I'm Dan but everyone calls me Dan-O. I'm 28, live in Sandy, Utah which is basically a suburb of Salt Lake City nestled up agains the South-East mountains of the valley. I manage a tech support dept for a major wireless carrier here in the US yet I've never seen star wars, I hate gaming (online and/or xbox, etc..) and know very little about computers. But, I can manage people very well which is why my VP stuck me with one of the most difficult types of people to manage within our organization. In addition to my corporate career, I also have 2 businesses I own and operate; a production company that supplies photo content to calendar producing companies, magazine ads, etc... The other company started out as an automotive Vynil company and is evolving in to a full on automotive styling company far beyond a simple Vynil install. I've taken my website down for the time being, it is undergoing a full overhaul t accommodate my new offerings.

I have a very serious addiction and passion for cars. In high school, I restored a 72 Ford Bronco with my Dad andhave been hooked on working on cars ever since! I bought my first BMW in 2002 after driing a good friends M3. At the time, I was in to trucks (common in highschool here) and after he let me borrow the M3 for a week while my Tacoma had a supercharger installed, I put the Tacoma up for sale and bought my first M3. I've owned 4 M3's since then (2 e36's, 2 e46's) and I'm taking delivery of my next M3 in August and ant wait! I wanted to do the Euro delivery but wasn't able to accommodate the times they had open with my busy schedule. I picked up an E60 M5 from a good friend 2 years ago. He offered me a deal I couldn't pass up.

My passion is definitely European cars. The engineering, styling and handling can't be topped IMO. I do all the maintenance on all of my vehicles myself and have been since I started driving. Well, there you have my official introduction! I'm also on M3Forums as well as a local SLC forum, driveADDICT. Here are a few pics if my last M3 I sold just a few weeks ago along with one of my really good friends' GTR, both are wrapped in matte white Vynil by myself;

My M3 before the Vynil:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I tend to ramble when I'm posting from work haha I know that was long-winded, just wanted to introduce myself officially and say hi to all since I intend to stay and conninue to contribute o this forum! I like the overall atmosphere here, most members seem genuinely interested in helping eachother. There are also a lot of very valuable topics here that help all the DIY'ers including myself :thumb:

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
230 Posts
Yea buddy! We need more contributors like you on here! We need to get that L322 2010 Conversion DIY thread poppin' soon...step by step...with possible run-in problems! That would be such a help.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You know it man! I'm close to getting started for sure. Hey I noticed you're over on L4P too, I've been over there a few years but haven't posted in over a year or so. I dig this place for the tech info, L4P has some cool people over there. I'll be back on soon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts