RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yulong White is a optional color on SVR, has some flake in it. Looks much different when parked next to regular white rover, in the sun it sparkles.
Put clear bra on whole front clip, rocker panels and black panel on top of doors as they scratch very easy.
Then 9 coats of ceramic coating applied for a tough finish and makes cleaning much easier , also had wheels and calipers done so brake dust comes off easy.

Interior is tan/ebony with C/F trim. Upgraded for 29 speaker Meridian Signature sound system/1600Watts. Cooler in center console. The new dash cluster is much nicer looking.

Has the drive pro pack, tow pack, soft door close, and the new 22" wheels are nice, the spacing between the spokes are much wider and now you can get your hand between the spokes and clean the inside of wheel. Last years wheel i couldn't do that and made it much harder clean as you couldn't get your hand in there to wipe.

Had front windows tinted to match rears. Didn't get the C/F stripe hood as i thought it made it look a little kiddish. The new seats are comfortable for me, had me nervous as i liked the 17 seats. The new big monitors are a plus. Truck came with 4g and all updates, so far no issues after 600miles. Car feels like it has more power down low with the added 25hp. Had it parked next to a 17 SVR and the opening on the front bumpers for the front inter coolers are much bigger, also the two openings on the hood help vent the hot air from front of motor. The blinkers are loud as someone else has posted that, lol.

Have short video of first speed run and some photos i would like to post.

The Manage Attachments is not workin for me? :sad: When i click on it the screen pops up blank white? Don't know why, i have
posted pics here before .

I know this thread is useless without pics and video. Can someone please help and post them for me ? I can email or text them to you.

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
The owners of the site decided to migrate the site to new servers. There are tons of issues that they are "fixing". It's not just you. Folks are just going to hang out until IT gets the site back operating reasonably well again.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
293 Posts
Great write up sounds like a beautiful truck. You can always upload and link to that, Google etc.

I agree on the CF good being a bit much especially on white. Glad you like the Yulong, can’t wait to get mine this week also in Yulong. I was worried it would be too boring and common Fuji white looking. No offense to those with Fuji white I’ve just had 2 of them and you see that color all day.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome good luck with her. Yes had rover sport white parked next mine and its a big difference, in the sunlight it really highlights it. The owner of the detail shop said he loved the color too, he sees a lot of cars. When parked together the fugi white looks pale and flat.
Great write up sounds like a beautiful truck. You can always upload and link to that, Google etc.

I agree on the CF good being a bit much especially on white. Glad you like the Yulong, can’t wait to get mine this week also in Yulong. I was worried it would be too boring and common Fuji white looking. No offense to those with Fuji white I’ve just had 2 of them and you see that color all day.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
293 Posts
Wow that looks exceptional! How much of a difference did the paint correction make in terms of depth of color and shine?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow that looks exceptional! How much of a difference did the paint correction make in terms of depth of color and shine?
I bought truck there with no prep from dealer as detail shop request it. He said dealer can scratch it when prepping it as there using same old dirty bucket and mop on floor. He said the land rover is good from the factory and usually never requires correction, unlike a dodge with tons of orange peal. He said those need a lot of correction.
Didn't need to be clayed either. This color really stands out from the other white.
The ceramic coating does help it with the shine.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Stunning!And 145mph video is just what I was hoping you'd post :DCongrats! I love the interior and that steering wheel is the biggest thing I wish my 16 SVR had right now.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Absolutely gorgeous spec! You also decked it out perfectly with the Ceramic Coating and all. Such a good call on not getting the Carbon hood, you have good taste!

·
Registered
134 Posts
The CF hood is my favorite feature on my ‘18. To each his own, congrats on the purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The CF hood is my favorite feature on my ‘18. To each his own, congrats on the purchase. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is still C/F hood, just no stripe. I didn't find something interesting under the hood, there seems to be a 2 pre cut out oval shapes in front of hood but not punched out, ill take a pick and post it. Must have been a ventilation idea they were trying. Curious if others have it as well.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
297 Posts
Love the colour!

Ceramic pro for the win!!! I love this stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 22 Posts