RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
counting down the days till i pick up my new baby, going to be a big learning curve as i have never owned a range rover before. My only expeience with the land rover brand was i learnt to drive on a series 1 land rover. the bonnet and roof are missing a lot of paint, thinking of vinyl wrapping them.
$_58.jpg

·
Registered
95 Posts
Congratulations cptmud!

I've only spent 18 years in owning LRs, but from what I've seen, in wet areas the vehicles rust away and in sunny climates the paint fades and peels away. My opinion, but I'd rather re-paint/re-coat since it's a lot easier than replacing rusted steel. However, there are a number of places where rust likes to hide and you can find threads on those places in this forum.

Best wishes in getting your baby back in shape!

Bob

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they are pretty tough over here on rust, and its just passed a roadworthy test to say its safe to be on the road. i gave it a real though going over before i paid any money. its pretty clean for its age, runs a bit rich when its cold but runs fine after about 5 minutes, so hopefully an easy fix. Have always liked the look of the rangies, so bit the bullet and bought 1

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts