RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I bought a 2001 4.0 manual in a what I think is Kent green(I haven't checked the paint codes yet) with an all black interior - its the first one I've seen with no wood!
Its had some colour coding and currently rolls on some rather chavvy chromed wheels. The tyres are all terrain, but a cheap brand I've never heard of (I think they may be chinese).
Its a bit of an odd spec as it has no front fog lights (two blanking plates - no grilles) and all black front and rear bumpers.
It also has the middle east spec pillarless front doors.













It has a private plate which is probably worth a few quid, a full stainless steel exhaust but, oddly, and early rear bumper.
The bumper has taken a knock at some point so its not sitting quite right at the moment.




Its missing some trim in the boot and doesn't have the subwoofer :(




The interior is in very good nick though




I managed to get this "Burago 1:24" edition p38 for only a fiver.
At Lidl!
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
27,802 Posts
I see the previous owner lost the parcel shelf. :mrgreen:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rogan said:
It'd be worth a tenner if it's converted to coils. :dance:
Yeah, its sitting very low. There had to be a down side at £5.
Its still on air but I think the bellows have solidified through lack of use.

I've also just noticed that it has a GEMS engine. Odd for a 2001.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chromed factory 16s.
The whole exhaust system is shiny right back to the block.
Paint is Kent green, I think, its light for Woodcote.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
701 Posts
Not bad, does it leak? :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dutchfrompredator said:
don't forget to put 22's on it asap!
I've scaled the rims and, thanks to the Chinese not being able to decided between 1:24 and 1:26, its currently rolling on 19s.

I'm also watching a written off Matchbox L322 on ebay so I can get the lights and bumpers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
494 Posts
Tim (Scotland) said:
dutchfrompredator said:
don't forget to put 22's on it asap!
I've scaled the rims and, thanks to the Chinese not being able to decided between 1:24 and 1:26, its currently rolling on 19s.

I'm also watching a written off Matchbox L322 on ebay so I can get the lights and bumpers.
NICE! :dance:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,702 Posts
Tim (Scotland) said:
I'm also watching a written off Matchbox L322 on ebay so I can get the lights and bumpers.
After all the stick you give to the 'pimp my ride' crew, I hope for your sake, you do a better job :lol:

According to some, you probably paid £4.50 more than it would have cost you to buy an L322 :shhh:

Is that coolant I spot in the passenger side footwells?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
483 Posts
Is that Lidl by Asda at the Beach?

We are back in Aberdeen tomorrow; I may jsut have a look if they still have any left!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
No, that's Aldi at the beach. Lidl are at King Street, Lang Stracht, Bucksburn and Westhill (but the insulated screwdrivers are better than Aldi).

BTW it's pissing down and howling wind in Aberdeen , Are you sure you want to leave sunny SA?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was Lidl in Inverurie where I found this gem. I'd still try the other Lidls though. Bucksburn may be your best bet.

The footwells are dry and have genuine rubber mats in them.
 

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
Joined
·
2,064 Posts
No roof rails? huh


Scotty
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
483 Posts
Bubster said:
No, that's Aldi at the beach. Lidl are at King Street, Lang Stracht, Bucksburn and Westhill (but the insulated screwdrivers are better than Aldi).

BTW it's pissing down and howling wind in Aberdeen , Are you sure you want to leave sunny SA?
****; is that far from the harbour? I am on foot or if the rain is not too bad on a bike.

No I don't want to leave SA but I have been up here five weeks and head home in one - unfortunately they want you to go to work if they pay you.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wouldyou like me to see if I can get another and then drop by the boat? Lidl is just across the road from work and I pass another on the way home.

Let me know on this thread if you do ( and pm me contact details).
 

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
Joined
·
4,635 Posts
So, Tim, When are you going to get your next Range Rover - full size that is... :think: :naughty:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
483 Posts
Tim (Scotland) said:
Wouldyou like me to see if I can get another and then drop by the boat? Lidl is just across the road from work and I pass another on the way home.

Let me know on this thread if you do ( and pm me contact details).
If you don't mind yes please
PM sent
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top