Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I've always loved RRC's, and had the opportunity to pick up this fine example on Friday for $300. It runs nicely, although the fuel pump isnt getting power, and it has a torn tranny cooler line. It's got the 3.5, and a 2" lift and 285/75/16 Wrangler MT's. It came with a 9K winch and hilift jack, as well as extra springs and Rancho shocks.

A couple dents, and I cant figure out how to put the retractable top back up. Probably a fuse? The wipers and window washing squirters work though, as does the heater, which I will need.

Looking forward to the all British Field Meet.

Cheers,
RYan

·
Premium Member
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
1,501 Posts
It's got the 3.5, and a 2" lift and 285/75/16 Wrangler MT's. It came with a 9K winch and hilift jack, as well as extra springs and Rancho shocks...
What kind of winch? It sounds like you got a decent amount of parts for $300.00.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It's funny-- I just saw bought an '87 in Bend, I live in Portland, and have been watching this one on Portland Craigslist for a few weeks now. Makes the World Wide Web seem like a smaller place.

I wish I had the motivation you have! Or even just a garage! Good luck

·
Registered
85 Posts
Heh.... reminds of that scene in Planes Trains & Automobiles.

"Do you feel this vehicle is safe for highway travel?"
"Yes, yes I do."

4879_2.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What kind of winch? It sounds like you got a decent amount of parts for $300.00.
It's just a Chicago Electric 9k, but I've been needing a trailer winch, so there we go!

This truck is going to be a "fun farm safari mule" at my friends 100 acre place. We've already had a great time fussing with it for the money, so for $300 it was a no-brainer. I could always part it out too if it fails catastrophically!

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
It's just a Chicago Electric 9k, but I've been needing a trailer winch, so there we go!

This truck is going to be a "fun farm safari mule" at my friends 100 acre place. We've already had a great time fussing with it for the money, so for $300 it was a no-brainer. I could always part it out too if it fails catastrophically!
So for the cost of a new Chicago Electric 9k winch, you also got a bunch of RRC parts...;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha, yup!

The gas leak seems to be coming out of the skid hole, so I'm guessing it's originating at the top of the tank. I'm going to cut a hole in the floor to get at lines.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts