RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve never been big on black trim. I know it’s very in, but I much prefer bright-work. So, when it came time to personalize my 2017 RRS HSE Dynamic (I always do something to my cars) I knew I wanted to tone down the sea of black!

My jumping off point was the grille. I’ve always loved the two-tone grille on the L405. It’s discrete and very elegant. I wanted to mirror that look. From there, the rest came very organically.

Here’s what I did:

EXTERIOR
  • RRS SVR grille painted to match the look of the L405. There is no paint code for the grille surround, so I worked with the body shop owner to find a close match. The color we selected is Infiniti’s K22. It’s nearly identical.
  • Bright green grille emblem.
  • Silver hood letters.
  • Silver fog lights.
  • K22 brown front bumper. Matte clearcoat.
  • Split-spoke Style 504 wheels.
  • K22 brown fender vent surround with silver mesh and silver Atlas fingers. Matte clearcoat.
  • K22 brown hood vent surround with silver mesh. Matte clearcoat.
  • Silver tailgate letters.
  • Body-colored tailgate strip.
  • K22 brown rear bumper. Matte clearcoat.
INTERIOR
  • I love the door pocket trim on the RRS extended leather package. So, I ordered a set of trim pieces to have them painted to match the piano black trim in my car. But, when I received them and tested them for fit, I really liked the contrast! Many manufacturers are doing two types of finishes in their new models (Bentley, Genesis, Lincoln to name a few). And I felt the wood pattern on these ties together the black and tan colors in my car. So, I decided to install them and give them a try. So far, I’m loving them.
  • Satin stainless-steel lower door pocket trim.
  • Satin stainless-steel rear vent trim.
I’m VERY happy with the result! The look is mine, but it doesn’t feel like one of those custom jobs where the essence of the vehicle is barely recognizable.

If any of you guys ever needs any body work and you’re in South Florida. I highly recommend Superior Craftsmen Collision Center - (954) 993-5786. I have worked with Renato (the owner) on a few of my cars. The shop’s craftsmanship is exceptional (they did an unbelievable undercarriage restoration on my vintage Mercedes a few years ago).

Here are some pics!

Before (from the dealer's ad)

After

And some fun pics I took at the body shop while the work was being done.

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,459 Posts
Looks nice. Amazing how owners with black letters on the hood and tailgate want to switch to silver and the other way around. I went opposite of you. We should start a letter exchange section in the forum.:)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RRS2015NC, I got them on eBay. Here's a link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Red-Ash-Wood-Grain-Door-Decoration-Cover-Trim-For-Range-Rover-Sport-2014-17/222859898021

Please keep in mind that this is not the standard wood color on US RRS. We have Shadow Zebrano and Dark Grey Oak veneers. I've never seen Red Ash. I had looked everywhere for Dark Grey Oak when I had my 2104 RRS and was never able to find it. I even contacted the eBay seller and they said that they couldn't make any color other than Red Ash.

Jose

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks nice. Amazing how owners with black letters on the hood and tailgate want to switch to silver and the other way around. I went opposite of you. We should start a letter exchange section in the forum.:)
LOL! Totally! :D

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
54 Posts
HAHAHAHA! Yep.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Well done. Final result looks really good. I'm somewhat similar to you in that I'm not a fan of all the blacked out look. Yesterday I saw a brand new full size in black with everything blacked out and black wheels and it looked terrible. Like it was pulled out of a fire. I love the full size with contrasting silver bits. I'm one of the very few 18/19 SVR owners with silver wheels but I love the contrast.

Anyway, nice job.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well done. Final result looks really good. I'm somewhat similar to you in that I'm not a fan of all the blacked out look. Yesterday I saw a brand new full size in black with everything blacked out and black wheels and it looked terrible. Like it was pulled out of a fire. I love the full size with contrasting silver bits. I'm one of the very few 18/19 SVR owners with silver wheels but I love the contrast.

Anyway, nice job.
Thanks! Every day I love it even more!! :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Looks great! Curious on the wheels. Are they OEM or knock offs? I found some nice replicas made by OE Wheels for $200 a pop, but can't find anything from any owners on quality or durability. Also curious on size and offset. 21 or 22? 9.5 or 10 wide? Offset?

Thanks!
Jim

1 - 13 of 13 Posts