RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
61 Posts
The build continues...it took awhile but my Voyager rock sliders finally arrived! These things are beefy and heavy. Install was straight forward and took about 3.5 hours from start to end of cleanup with just me and my trusty 3 ton jack. I imagine if you have someone to help, you could install these in 2 hours or less.

The first slider took a bit of time as I was trying to figure out how to mount it. Once I figured it out, the second slider took less than an hour to install.

Looking forward to testing these out when I head out to Signal Peak for those in NorCal. Some pics bel
View attachment 290664 View attachment 290665 View attachment 290666 View attachment 290667 View attachment 290668 View attachment 290669 View attachment 290670
ni

Nice build man looking really good. I am basically set up with exactly what your truck has thus far for armor and am working on a set up with additional skids/armor for the lower control mounts as well as the compressor/tank. LMK if your interested may help to get two sets. Your gonna be pumped on the sliders, I have the same or similar and those are bomb proof, make sure you bolt them hella good as these trucks leave the doors hanging out and I pretty much almost ripped the right one off getting hung up on a boulder that was at just the right angle to catch. Took it tough! I love the off road shots, I need to get out there and its awesome to hear you have no issues. Question for ya, were your struts showing bad wear or misfunction or did you just opt to do it? Keep me posted as I have gone through the l320 tough research and hour on hours of google searching for parts; freaking needle in haystack **** for sure. I got burnt out after the initial building phase due to a lot of that type of pita bs and your build has me fired up again so thank you bud! Stay in touch and perhaps we can square off and button up the trucks in parallel. Im east coast your west so we won't be overlapping!

Good stuff, shred hard.

[

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Your truck is looking awesome as well! Yes I’m definitely interested in more armor if you are going to get some custom made. Specifically looking for transmission and compressor armor but I’ll take what I can get.

as far as the shocks, they were not leaking or causing any issues. However the truck was very floaty when driving and wasn’t tight. From my experience modifying Porsches I knew the shocks were likely leaking internally especially since they were all original with 169k miles on them. Once pulled my suspicion was correct as you could compress and rebound the shock by hand 😂

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Got some more goodies for the L320. I was doing some research and found that the rear tie rod bolt is vulnerable to breaking when offroading due to all the load placed on the bolt while traversing obstacles. If the bolt fails, the tie rod can get lodged between the wheels and cause some serious damage. A gent I follow on Instagram from France recommended a set of tie rod reinforcements from an Italian company called Specialdrom garage which makes off road land rover parts. The reinforcements secure the tie rod bolt to the rear caliper mounts for added reinforcement.

The parts are cheap and install took about an hour or so once the truck was up in the air and the wheels were off. Nice piece for some added peace of mind while wheeling. I'll test them out this weekend along with the rock sliders...

·
Registered
2011 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
27 Posts
Fantastic job Carlo.

Question for you about the roof rack. Did you get it directly from Frontrunner or a third party?

Cheers,
Jay

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Fantastic job Carlo.

Question for you about the roof rack. Did you get it directly from Frontrunner or a third party?

Cheers,
Jay
Thanks Jay!

I got it directly from Front Runner. I worked with Brandon in the sales department and he was awesome to deal with. I believe they are having some specials right now on their racks for the holidays so definitely order now if you're interested.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Did some wheeling over the weekend to test the rock sliders and drive in a little mud. The RRS continues to impress. My buddy with a built Rubicon on 37s was skeptical at first, but after 3 trips seeing the L320 in action he’s now a believer.

some pics and videos below. Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
1,178 Posts
looks like the ravine at the bottom of truck hill

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
I might have spent a lil bit of time there

Reactions: boostedt0y

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
not sure if you can tell from the photo, but the original rover specialties sliders covers the compressor. you actually remove the original plastic cover altogether to install the sliders. looks like the voyagers don't extend as far.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
not sure if you can tell from the photo, but the original rover specialties sliders covers the compressor. you actually remove the original plastic cover altogether to install the sliders. looks like the voyagers don't extend as far.
yes unfortunately the voyagers sliders doesn’t cover the compressor. I’m looking for armor to protect the compressor but cant really find any.

altmont has a compressor and air tank cover in the lr3 section and it has a tag with the word “sport” suggesting it is compatible with the sport. However I can’t get anyone from their company to confirm it will fit so I’m hesitant to buy.

im thinking of having a shop extend my sliders to cover the compressor

·
Registered
204 Posts
Very nice. now what hard top pop top tent can you fit on that thing? I was looking to see if that same rack would fit just last week. thinking about converting the RRS to just outdoor car.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Very nice. now what hard top pop top tent can you fit on that thing? I was looking to see if that same rack would fit just last week. thinking about converting the RRS to just outdoor car.
I haven’t researched pop top tents, so no info there. Front runner sells a tent setup to work with their rack so I’d likely go that route if I were to add one.

·
Registered
2007 RRS HSE
76 Posts
I haven’t researched pop top tents, so no info there. Front runner sells a tent setup to work with their rack so I’d likely go that route if I were to add one.
I have the same Front Runner rack on my ‘07 RRS, and if you mount an RTT on it, there won’t be any room for anything else. Any RTT you install will occupy all of the real estate of that rack. It’s the right size for the truck, but unfortunately too small.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have the same Front Runner rack on my ‘07 RRS, and if you mount an RTT on it, there won’t be any room for anything else. Any RTT you install will occupy all of the real estate of that rack. It’s the right size for the truck, but unfortunately too small.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh ya, this is the first thing I noticed about size of racks for this car, this car has a half size roof.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Thanks Jay!

I got it directly from Front Runner. I worked with Brandon in the sales department and he was awesome to deal with. I believe they are having some specials right now on their racks for the holidays so definitely order now if you're interested.
which exact one did you buy? the one for 2013 model RRS? w

21 - 37 of 37 Posts