RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Background -

Had the "Inactive Susp" message once last year. The dealer was too busy and I was leaving town, so they just reset the system and set me on my way - no additional problems. I normally park my Rover in a heated garage - but I had to park outside in some sub-zero weather - and guess what - Inactive Susp message shows up again. So it is my belief that there is moisture in the system which freezes - causing the fault - and the subsequent error message.

Temp Fix -

Purchased the EAS Activate to reset the system as I am 175 miles from the dealer. Here is the error log downloaded from the EAS Activate :
--------------------------------------------------------------
1.--Current Faults---->
Too Much Energy For regulation needed front axle
Faults Cleared
<-END Faults
------------------------------------------------------------
0000013-20-18-16-00-28-03-40-01
..--Previous Faults--->
Too Much Energy For regulation needed rear right
Faults Cleared
<-END Faults

Final Fix - ???????????????

It appears that the air dryer may be able to be replaced independently of replacing the entire compressor - but not sure if this will really solve the problem?

Anybody have any thoughts on what I could do to try to purge the moisture out of the system? It does not appear that there is a drain plug on the air reservoir?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,887 Posts
Re: My Guess - Moisture in EAS causing my Inactive Susp - Fix?

If the Air dryer/separator on the Rover is like the one on our Audi, and most air ride vehicles use a similar system. What it does is: The dryer traps moisture, then when the compressor runs and shut down it will exhaust back thru the dryer to expels the moisture it's trapped. This should work well, but... With high humidly and freezing temp it seems to have it's limitations, or so it seems.

Mark.

·
Registered
407 Posts

i had a leak in my front pillar (driver side) last monday and took it in on monday. the looked at it Friday and removed headliner to see if sunroof drain was clogged. nope. so $150 later no reason to why it leaked. Sat morning inactive susp warning, ignition was hit or miss, and the prog button to max defrost front/rear glass not working. back to dealer. Warranty comp closed over weekend so monday morn get a call and they say it is a ECM issue and its corroded and wet. They said ECM controls mad **** and is located left lower part of drivers side.Got car last night $700 later and now **** is fine.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts

Mine does this all the time, morning it will be 15-20 out air suspension inactive I drive for a while and by next cycle it clears itself... Once in a while it won't clear and I'll have to plug in to clear the code... Its always the same overpressure error you're posting up.

I'm 90% sure it has to do with a valve on the block sticking, compressor filling the tank and it not being able to bleed excess pressure. It never happens in warm weather, just the cold. I've never inspected the valve block, but I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to inspect it once in a while and WD40 the moving parts...

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts

brad s1 said:
n a while and WD40 the moving parts...
not a good idea, oil in an air system is a potential explosion hazard. Low chance in this system, but still not a good idea. The WD-40 will also cause any dirt in the system to stick and gunk things up eventually.

the "excess energy needed" sounds like you've got leaky airsprings, when it's cold they'll leak worse and need allot of air to fill up. as they flex/warm up it'll need less air and the ECU will re-activate.

the desiccant is attached to the outlet of the compressor, fully disassemble the compressor housing to get to get to it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts