RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey,
after much debated i finally purchased my first RRS !.... thanks for the previous insight, it help me finalize my decision. My next question is where can I find some nice 22" rims for this baby!?!

·
Registered
270 Posts
freshtodeath said:
hey,
after much debated i finally purchased my first RRS !.... thanks for the previous insight, it help me finalize my decision. My next question is where can I find some nice 22" rims for this baby!?!
I bought my 22' Redbourne Duke Chromes mounted with 285/35-22 Yokohama Avid's off Ebay. Paid just over $2900 mounted and shipped.

Look at the Nupe Rover on Page 5 of the "Show off your Rover" thread.

Contact [email protected]

DON'T FORGET TO POST PICS OF YOUR RIDE!!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I definitely will get some pics loaded up soon, I'm looking at kahn rims and maybe a body kit... hey just a stupid question, my headlights are set to auto but they won't seem to turn off during daylight... even when I tried to set it on off...

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
You probably have Daytime Running Lights enabled. In Canada they are mandatory. Otherwise, the dealer can turn them off - you can't enable or disable them yourself - as DRL are normally off by default in the US. They may have been enabled in error at the factory (or the previous owner may have requested DRL to be turned on, if this is a used car.)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
are the daytime lights the HID lamps? usually cars have to sets of lights daytime and then the HID are used for night... There so many things to learn about this car so don't mind if I pick your guys brains lol... :roll:

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Really? I thought they would have used the "3rd" clear bulb in front for that - the one that comes on with the parking lights - which is what I use during road trips. :wink: What the heck is that 3rd bulb for then? :roll:

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Not sure which bulb you are referring to 3E... The flash-to-pass halogens maybe? Those fire up when you flash the high beams during the day (in lieu of the xenons), and also along with the HID as auxiliary high beams at night.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
That's a blank in North America, no? On markets abroad that's the cornering lamp reflector (it illuminates at low speeds when steering in that direction), but Land Rover is not including that feature for the North American market, probably another potential liability issue they'd rather not deal with. :roll:

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,456 Posts
Yours is blank Umberto? I've got lights there...changed them out from the dull yellow ones to nice white LED's...much nicer and they match the upgraded fog lights.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
TripleE said:
Holy arachnophobia Umberto, looks like you forgot to check the jumping spider headlight option :doh:

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
PJPR01 said:
Yours is blank Umberto? I've got lights there...changed them out from the dull yellow ones to nice white LED's...much nicer and they match the upgraded fog lights.
The side lamps I have, but those are the tiny ones at the bottom of that reflector, I don't think those would be suitable as DRL. At the center of the reflector (where the cornering lamp should be) I have a "bump" instead of a light bulb. BTW, I just noticed now that neither side lamp works on my car anymore. :evil: Only the red parking light on the side of the headlights cluster turns on.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
PJPR01 said:
I've got yellowish bulbs in mine but never seen them light up. I figured they were the side lights they use in Europe when you park the car on the side of a narrow road. By law I think you need to illuminate the side of the car closest to the road when you do that. But I may be wrong... maybe ours do light up somehow.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,456 Posts
umbertob said:
PJPR01 said:
The side lamps I have, but those are the tiny ones at the bottom of that reflector. At the center of the reflector (where the cornering lamp should be) I have a "bump" instead of a light bulb.
yup...those are the ones...they should turn on in position #1 of the headlight switch...are the silver bumps that we have actually lights in other parts of the world?

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Yeah, that pic (with them lit up) is mine guys, they light up with the parking lights. I'm assuming they light up with the headlights also, but can't say for sure...

EDIT: bahahaha, just got goosey's spider pic. :lol:

·
Registered
543 Posts
Fresh Prince.

Check out www.speedywheels.com.au for their Addiction wheel in 22"x9.5" variety as I'm sure they befit the Land Rover look !

Obviously the Yokohama's are the go as their really sticky in the dry from past experience and suit the bad-ass Rangey Sport ?

Cheerio,

Vinniman.
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,456 Posts
Vinni,

You've mentioned speedywheels now a bunch of times in your rambling posts. Do you work for these guys or own part of the company - why the insistence on all of us checking them out so often?

Note that some members have tried to import products from Australia and both, wheel, tire and Engel fridge accessory manufacturers don't export from AU to USA for some reason or simply don't respond to emails or phone calls...go figure.

As far as replacing shocks to Bilsteins on the Range Rover Sport - that's not going to happen, running either 18 or 20 inch wheels is not causing rubbing issues of any serious nature. Those who had opted for slightly wider 20's either use a spacer or the rubbing is so minimal as to not cause issues.

I've got 85K miles on my RRS, running 18's now for 3 years and zero issues. Several others have done the same thing on LR3 and RRS and even FFRR -no problems.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts