RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just purchased a single owner white RR, the previous owner scared the pistons after finding a leak in the overflow. She has had it with the car and just wanted to get rid of it. So I walk in and buy it for a very good price. Just purchased a factory rebuilt long block and will be installing in the
next few weeks. Car had the trans replaced at 50k and the steering wheel/ diff have been fixed by RR. Car has 74k miles with all service done at Cole in Walnut Creek ca. I plan on replacing the radiator and hoses, the car is in excellent condition. It still has an extended warranty until Sept 2010.

I have always loved the 2003 and on body style, but after taking a new 2010 RR on the RR course at Qualil Lodge last summer I was hooked. The new ones are a little pricey so this deal was to hard to pass up. Wish me luck I hope this turns out to be a fun truck. Anything I should consider with this motor change out? Thanks for your help.

Allan

G

·
0 Posts
How did she scare the piston, Jump out and say "boo"?

just kidding, welcome to the forum. First thing you'll need to do is get a copy of RAVE [google is your friend here]. It will help you with connector types and locations [and lots of pretty pictures] although it sounds like you know what you are doing. Just keep everything clean, check your connections [twice] and makes sure all your grounds are good or you'll be chasing your tail for a week over strange electrical issues.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
New engine is in and so far everything is working. Replaced the radiator, water pump, thermostat, and hoses. The car has had just about everything done to it: brakes, diff repair, new battery, tires, oil separator, new trans 24k ago. Only item left is the front air springs, hope this goes out before Sept when the warranty ends. If I drive this car only 5k miles a year is it worth getting and extended warranty? I hope I like the car, I guess this gives me a few months to decide. Still need to get a new front wind screen and the right turn signal cover has a crack.

Thanks for any comments.

·
Registered
867 Posts
That's the best color. Only because I have Chawton White too.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Csx7034 said:
New engine is in and so far everything is working. Replaced the radiator, water pump, thermostat, and hoses. The car has had just about everything done to it: brakes, diff repair, new battery, tires, oil separator, new trans 24k ago. Only item left is the front air springs, hope this goes out before Sept when the warranty ends. If I drive this car only 5k miles a year is it worth getting and extended warranty? I hope I like the car, I guess this gives me a few months to decide. Still need to get a new front wind screen and the right turn signal cover has a crack.

Thanks for any comments.
The air spring replacement is the only item left until the next thing goes bad :lol:

good luck with your new range!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Brad,

I can hope! Drove the rig all weekend, I can see why people like them. I do have that sinking feeling in my gut anytime I hear something. I think I have read all of the posts on this site and I sure hope this is only 10% of the cars.

Allan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts