RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried to use the SEARCH button, but this forum is set up slightly different than my350.com which is what I am always on (for one you are all a lot nicer and not all haters??!!)

But back to my Dad in LA,

He has had a bit of bad luck with his 98 4.6 HSE
He has just had the engine replaced as it had a catastrophic failure (I cant remember what, but he has only had it 5 months, so he was less than pleased)

The shop that is replacing the engine says he needs a new radiator as well?! the guy quoted $500+ for a new OEM one, but told him he can find them much cheaper on the internet! (My father is about a computer literate as my Zed is at off roading??!!)

So,my question to you all is,
Where can I find a good replacement radiator for reasonable cash?

and is it the same radiator in the same year model 4.0 or any other Land Rover/Range Rover?

Thanks in advance for your help and if you need info on making a 350Z as fast as a Lambo Gallardo I'll be happy to return the favor

Celt

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,421 Posts
Can you help make my P38A as fast as a Z? :lol:

Ref the radiator, sorry to hear about your Dad's car. I'd be rather peeved, too.

The radiator from a 4.0 is the same as the 4.6 but not the same as other Land Rover models. The LR part no. is PCC106940. $500 sounds about right. I paid the equivalent in Aussie dollars.

Whether you can source one on eVilBay at a good price I don't know. A lot of stuff on eVilBay is Chinese and not OEM quality.

I'd look at your local radiator shop to see if they can make a custom one for less - look for a shop that does custom stuff for hot rods, etc. You might get a triple row unit for similar money to the stock twin row.

·
Registered
271 Posts
At the top of the page, click on RangeRovers.net to get to the main site where there is a listing of Land Rover parts suppliers. There's even a specific entry for radiators. Prices could be outdated, however.

Just googleing Range Rover parts brings up the major players.

Brett

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys!! I suspected the 4.0 was the same.

As far as making the Range Rover as fast as the Zed,There is an English Competitor in every Gumball 3000 rally, I cant remember what he had done to his 911 Turbo but it was good for 210mph.

He got a hit a radar detector that his car hadn't spotted! He slammed on the brakes and pulled over, coz he knew he was busted!
The policeman asked how fast he was going when he saw the police car? like anyone should do he admitted nothing!
They told him he was doing 186mph when they got him in the speed trap, but, all 4 tires were locked and he was sliding at 186!!!

So the next year, he got a Range Rover HSE with a custom turbo and direct injection Nitrous!! it did 160+ so it can be done!!!!!

·
Registered
264 Posts
I paid around £70 for my replacement from island 4x4 in the UK.

At the prices you're being quoted is it not cheaper to 1) buy in the UK and import yourself? or 2) get the radiator recored?

Best of luck with it :wink:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Go to:
http://www.roverparts.com/

or

http://www.AutoPartsWarehouse.com

Those two places have never let me down!

You can always try searching eBay for a deal, but you never really know what you're getting until the package arrives! you may get genuine OEM Land Rover part, or cheep China knock off -- so be careful.

Good Luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts