RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, please be kind as I dont know much about cars...

I was out late at night last week and long story short my evoque wouldnt get out of park, it just stayed stuck. I had to wait for a tow truck until 5am and finally had the car towed to the mechanic. Two days later the mechanic said he reset the computer and it was working. I drove it around all during the day, no issues. That night I went out again and the SAME THING... had to get it towed back to the mechanic at 5am (needless to say my friends wont be coming out in my car anymore).

So the mechanic checked it over and said it was working fine and he could change the gears the next morning. He said he used a scanner and its not picking up any issues. So I took the car back and the next morning I was leaving my home, reversing out of my driveway the gear got stuck in park :(

I freaked out as i kept reversing and had no where left to go so i turned the car off. Now the gear shift didnt descend.. It stayed up and its still saying its in reverse. Its parked out in front of my home on the street. I cant keep towing it everyday as its costing me sooo much.. Can anyone help me with telling me why its doing this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just to add, Im not sure if the mechanic is just lying to me as im a girl. he charged 300$ the first time and the issue didnt get fixed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts