RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys - I used to have a black e46 coupe with Iforged, some cf goodies, dropped on PSS10's, etc. I had gotten into a car accident and fortunately it got totalled. Car had tons of problems, and I actually sold it to a guy for pickup Tuesday (wrecked Sunday) - So he somewhat got lucky.

(my old baby)

Now; I had picked up a Range Rover Sport 2 months after the accident, and couldn't be any happier. Alot of people were screaming to stay away, but this was the best car I could have gotten in replacement for stepping out of a coupe. I thought I would be miserable in a truck, but getting stopped by Cops and speeding is almost a thing of the past :craig:

Mods: 22" Stormer Wheels, LED front lights (did it for fun, looks awesome in person), swapped my soundsystem in from the bimmer, clear sidemarkers, Supercharged front grill + side vents, running boards, rear seat entertainment, 2011 Facelifted Tail lights.

-I have slightly cured myself from the mod bug. I can happily say I am done modding. No more.

(dropped)

(lifted)

Comments Welcome!

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
Flash, you're back! Summer vacation?

Nice pictures of the co-ed shagwagon btw. How goes it in that dept?

If you totaled the E46 (and I'm assuming the ins co. paid you a check) doesn't the insurance company take the wreck from you and sell it for salvage? How were you able to obtain the wreck and sell it yourself? Just curious because I have an acquaintance dealing with the totaling process right now.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Fatel.

Sounds like an upgrade indeed from the E46 ! What do you think of those re-tracking side-steps I see are bolted to the sills, since the RRS is a 'low rider' already ?

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Fatel.

I thought I'd better respond with matching livery as per the attached image ? I agree with your references to the highway patrol, on a first name basis are we too ?

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.[attachment=0:3sbammzx]OmegaGSi.jpg[/attachment:3sbammzx]

Attachments

·
Registered
282 Posts

Here's my E46 M3, pre-dual holed Vorsteiner CSL front bumper. You'll love your Sport - we've got an 08' white Sport SC, and I'm currently waiting for a 2011 Sport SC (black, tan, black lacquer wood).

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
shrek said:
Beautiful indeed ,whenever I see RR on the road ,I get strange feeling that I can`t explain :)
lemme guess, it comes from the front end and is most pronounced around 55 mph?

·
Registered
160 Posts
gooseyloosey said:
shrek said:
Beautiful indeed ,whenever I see RR on the road ,I get strange feeling that I can`t explain :)
lemme guess, it comes from the front end and is most pronounced around 55 mph?
Are you referring to the steering wheel shimmy `)
well ,my feeling is like ,omg this car rocks , I wish I own a RR :pray: ,then I rub my eyes ,and later I realize I am driving one :dance:

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
vinniman said:
Fatel.

Sounds like an upgrade indeed from the E46 ! What do you think of those re-tracking side-steps I see are bolted to the sills, since the RRS is a 'low rider' already ?

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

Well I am a short guy - and I really only drop it for hot pictures or when I pull up for some cuties to hop in...it comes in handy ALOT - and I would recommend it to every RR owner. I would honestly be annoyed not having them - my father loves them too. Makes it easy on his knees

gooseyloosey said:
Flash, you're back! Summer vacation?

Nice pictures of the co-ed shagwagon btw. How goes it in that dept?

If you totaled the E46 (and I'm assuming the ins co. paid you a check) doesn't the insurance company take the wreck from you and sell it for salvage? How were you able to obtain the wreck and sell it yourself? Just curious because I have an acquaintance dealing with the totaling process right now.
Yes summer vacation - but wouldn't consider it so when I am working from 5am every morning, insurance rates went up so I have to work THAT much more, pushing 12 hr days +, not going out too much at night b/c of those hours, etc. etc. But yes, I am enjoying it + the weather.

What I meant in my situation; I had a buyer for the car, He was picking it up Tuesday. (Wanted to get rid of it).
3 days before signing the title off to him, I had crashed the car coming home...sheer luck on his end - no bad Karma on mine giving him a faulty car!

-And yes, insurance will give you a salvage value IF you want to buy your car back IFFF it is salvaged. This car buyout was $3,000 usd - and was NOT worth it. I couldn't have tried to part it out for that price under any conditions.

---How did you know i was on vacation and not older!??

--Btw e46 ftmfw - :thumbsup: :hi: Good to see you guys on here too!

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
Hey Flash, thanks for clarifying that bit about the salvage. I think I was having problems focusing all week long with the the heat around here and I misread that.

Fatal Flash said:
Well I am a short guy - and I really only drop it for hot pictures or when I pull up for some cuties to hop in...it comes in handy ALOT
Btw, its good to see you still have a strong pimp hand, and no doubt its been helped by some of the mods you've made (stormer replicas, supercharged bits, etc.). Though, I am a bit concerned by the reference "pull up for some cuties to hop in"...and the fact that it seems to happen ALOT. Unless times have changed, this was never the way to meet the kind of nice Polish girl you want to bring home to the family. :naughty:

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
Whoa Vinni, that Polish hipster fixie riding bike chicks website is obscure!

Flash, maybe you aren't done modding just yet, I see a bike rack in your future. :thumb:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Nice RRS, I like your LED, and looking forward to see it in closer shot.

anyway, lot of E46 owners here... any AMG or AUDI S owners?

I was pre. AMG and AUDI S owner.... and not E46 : )... so I am E46 Hater :evil: J/K

I once wanted E46 M3.. but I knew I will mod it so I gave up

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
56 Posts
That is one sorted RR. What a trade up from the bimer - well worth a 5am start time anyday of the week ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts