RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I felt like sharing a bit of my project. I figured alot by working on this project. Believe me I searched the internet for months before taking it on myself.

Here's my progress from beginning to current. (We all love pics)

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Brings back memories mate !! :p

Hope the conversion goes well and keep those photos coming. I really enjoyed doing my 2006 conversion but the problem I have now is that I am ready to convert to 2010 spec...........more money, more problems to overcome...........but great fun sourcing all the parts and planning what and how to do it :thumb:

All the best
Barry

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks Barry,

Before tackling the 06 conversion, I thought about doing the 2010 but I just don't care for how the grill looks on the 2010. I really like the LED lights in the headlamps, but the whole front fascia together looks to much like a Ford expi or explorer.

But you're right about the fun of sourcing all the parts and doin it yourself.

More pics up hopefully tonight.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
254 Posts
Can't wait to see more pics buddy, I'm going to start mine next month I think. I'll be taking pics as well. I'm going to use my 03 fogs and fog bezels, I'll just make some cuts to make them work. Picking up the bumper tomorrow and I have most everything else now. I didn't go with the AFS lights as I figured it does justify the additional cost, they won't turn with the vehicle either is what I was told.

·
Registered
254 Posts
HawaiianRR said:
thanks Barry,

Before tackling the 06 conversion, I thought about doing the 2010 but I just don't care for how the grill looks on the 2010. I really like the LED lights in the headlamps, but the whole front fascia together looks to much like a Ford expi or explorer.

But you're right about the fun of sourcing all the parts and doin it yourself.

More pics up hopefully tonight.
Sorry one more thing, what is this piece here? They look different, does anyone know?

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
localbrew,

that is the original bumper mounting bracket(faded plastic) that the bumper slides onto.

heres a pic of today....still need the driverside headlight, bought a messed up one the first time around, second time around ordered the wrong one...grrrr

also, waiting on an undertray my rover was missing since I bought it, then front end complete. :dance:

Attachments

·
Registered
254 Posts
WOW, it's looking good!

So you didn't have to change out the old bumper bracket?

Awesome job Hawaiian!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
localbrew,

The main support you can use, I need to cut out a little section where the new fogs go. You will need to order the upper bumper mounting bracket. The top of the bumper mounts to it and also the 06 headlights.

blkrover,

That's a good question on total cost. I have to add it up. I'd say my conversion is costing between $2k-$3k. I'll get the exact number for you though if you want.

·
Registered
254 Posts
So you did not purchase the 06 crash bar (main large metal piece) just the armature that spans across the top of it?

I thought you had to replace that as well. So far I'm at 350 for each light and $250 for the bumper.

Grille will run $130, I'm going to reuse fogs, and my buddy is doing the paint and body work for $350-$400

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
localbrew,

Yes, I didn't swap the crush bar, just a new upper mounting piece.

$250 for the bumper??? How did you get it so cheap??

Where did you get your lights from? I paid $280 for one and still in search for my driver side.

I paid Justin at rover active for all the misc. pieces to make what I have work.

·
Registered
254 Posts
HawaiianRR said:
localbrew,

Yes, I didn't swap the crush bar, just a new upper mounting piece.

$250 for the bumper??? How did you get it so cheap??

Where did you get your lights from? I paid $280 for one and still in search for my driver side.

I paid Justin at rover active for all the misc. pieces to make what I have work.
Got lucky on ebay with the bumper I guess, it's brand new from the factory so I was stoked.

Lights I got from different sellers on ebay, the other parts that I need like wheel well liners and the mounting piece above the crash bar I'll get from the dealer as I have a wholesale acc. withthem. Grille I'll find off ebay.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
36dbldz said:
can you please add a little description of what you did in the pics?
Is it possible to go back and ad captions to the pics? If so, how? I should have done it when i posted them, but was a little lazy.

·
Registered
254 Posts
HawaiianRR said:
36dbldz said:
can you please add a little description of what you did in the pics?
Is it possible to go back and ad captions to the pics? If so, how? I should have done it when i posted them, but was a little lazy.
Did you finish, I'd like to see the final product :) Also, since you reused the larger bumper piece (crash bar) did you have to drill any holes for the bumper mounting arm that mounts on top of the crash bar? I know you said you had to make some cuts for the fogs but just wondering if you made any other mods to it that I need to be aware of?

Thanks!

Mike

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not finished yet, I'm still waiting on my driver side headlight to come in and I had to order the undertray that connects the air dam to the chassis from the stealer. Also, ordered some overfinch replicas. Hopefully have it finished soon.

·
Registered
254 Posts
HawaiianRR said:
Not finished yet, I'm still waiting on my driver side headlight to come in and I had to order the undertray that connects the air dam to the chassis from the stealer. Also, ordered some overfinch replicas. Hopefully have it finished soon.
do you have the part # on the under tray unit that you ordered?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
heres some pics from yesterday....
the tails I cleared myself- removing the yellow portion and then I installed red led's for turns and had to solder in some resistors to stop the rapid flash and check "turn signal".

Attachments

·
Registered
254 Posts
Looking really good! Hope you can help me with the wiring aspect.

Cheers,

Mike

1 - 20 of 83 Posts