RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Specifically to increase displacement. My car has scoring in several cylinders from coolant intrusion and is totally trashed. I remember way back in the day Overfinch had a kit to take the BMW mill to 4.8L and some 380 bhp. Is there anything out there aide from the obvious used engine? I'm about to throw away this truck unless I come up with some sort of financially sane decision.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I got f'ed too on my motor. 51,125 miles and 1 cylinder went out. I spent 8 months researching every possible option. The most cost effective option was a used motor for $3500 pulled out of a wrecked range rover. And the shop originally gave me a price quote of 2500 to pull the old motor out and replace with the new one. I had 200 shipping each way for the motor. I also had the shop do some things to make sure that all the seals and gaskets woudl last another 50k miles. So grand total for labor+parts+motor was 4,200+ engine 3500 = $7700

I have other options for you too but I don't recommend them. If you want you can email me or I can give you my phone number. I have a lot of contacts and a lot of information on this.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the kind words......

Currently fighting with the warranty company who so far has denied the claim :x

I really doubt that I will bother putting $8K into a 2003 but if I do, I will contact you.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
17 Posts
Sorry to hear about your 4.4L. May I ask which warranty company denied your claim? Are there any other specifics you can provide about the circumstances? I've been shopping for an extended warranty for a 2005 RR Westminster. Just wondering if your experience is with one of the companies I have short listed ...

Thanks!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I contacted overfinch to see if they would do to my motor what they did to their motors and they said they don't take customers motors at all. I had a factory 50k mile warranty through Land Rover. They spent 6 months deciding whether to decline my engine as warranty or accept it. Finnaly in the end they told me I needed to pay for a new engine. So it sat on the dealer lot for 6 months. I considered taking them to court... mainly for wasting my time and insurance money. In the end I did not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts