RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
21 Posts
I learned a small thing from the steering buttons. Instead of pressing the volume up or down, you can just touch that part and rotate your finger clockwise or anticlockwise for the volume up or down

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
That's pretty predictable, actually.
The car's default mode is Comfort. It isn't user configurable, that's the default. For an active "session", you can change it. For short stops, as long as it stays awake, the car keeps the setting. Once it goes to sleep (30+ minutes), it reverts to the default.
I haven’t noticed a problem with mine, the Manual says Dynamic stays active for 6 hours after shutdown.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I go in for a software reflash on Friday....fingers crossed it is better

·
Registered
205 Posts
I go in for a software reflash on Friday....fingers crossed it is better
Dropped off for the update this morning...my truck was one of the first 2018

I brought up the issue of the seats not being as comfortable...and the bolsters inflating. They said there has been some massage seats where the massage pockets (air) are not deflating when the system is done. Either a software update of new massage mechanism will need to be installed

Hope it fixes it

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Are your dealers hesitant to do a software updates when you come into service? Last time they didn't want to update the software until I listed the exact issues I had with the software. On our other cars they do an update to newest software no matter what the car comes in for.

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
nope, they do what I ask for. They might ask for it to be scheduled a few days out, but they want to take care of me.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Are your dealers hesitant to do a software updates when you come into service? Last time they didn't want to update the software until I listed the exact issues I had with the software. On our other cars they do an update to newest software no matter what the car comes in for.
yes - same here. they did not want to do any update without me listing the exact issue.

·
Registered
623 Posts
What I learned ..... I can't keep the trailer hitch in w/o having the reverse/parking sensors going bonkers when backing up.

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
That's actually pretty standard. When the trailer is actually hooked up the sensors are disabled. With no trailer the sensors just see a big ole hunk of something right at the bumper.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Update applied, touch screen seems s bit quicker

Left side steering wheel buttons replaced, no more intermitant response

Both front seats massage mechanism ordered...the massage air bags were not deflating all the way

·
Registered
623 Posts
That's actually pretty standard. When the trailer is actually hooked up the sensors are disabled. With no trailer the sensors just see a big ole hunk of something right at the bumper.
Awe shucks, thats too bad - I was hoping it was just a sensor problem.... Maybe theyll get it figured out how not to make it beep beep beep all the time soon:mad:

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I RTFM today and learned something new, a rear passenger asked me the other night what the Button next to the window controls was, it turns out it’s the clear exit alert, when parked it lets the person opening the rear Door know if there is a Car or Cyclist approaching from the rear.

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
Awe shucks, thats too bad - I was hoping it was just a sensor problem.... Maybe theyll get it figured out how not to make it beep beep beep all the time soon:mad:
:lol: Yet another good one LR1! You really should get some new material.

The sensor are functioning exactly as they were designed. There is nothing to figure out.

·
Registered
205 Posts
my truck was updated

The AC now kicks on rather quick when the truck is started.....much more than before

·
Registered
623 Posts
:lol: Yet another good one LR1! You really should get some new material.

The sensor are functioning exactly as they were designed. There is nothing to figure out.
i don’t need any new material. Land Rover is suppling that. Let’s see, the Audi didn’t do it. The bmw didn’t do it. My last ‘17 didn’t do it. Brother in law GMC doesn’t do it. And this ‘18 does. And on the right side only. That’s a great design. Can’t wait to see the driverless feature in the 19’s. Did you read that description? These cars are so plagued with bad programming, it’s comical and unpredictable. Keep your hands on the wheel and let the car drive you - what a joke. Too big of a bad pattern here.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Did you complain to get the update or was it part of a routine service?
Just asked to have the truck updated

my dealer is great...they are the main reason why I buy a Range Rover

my salesman man on the other hand is a knucklehead...but does what I ask

21 - 37 of 37 Posts