RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I’ve only owned mine a couple of Days, so I feel like an A380 Captain doing a flight pre-check before I drive off.

Here’s a couple that I learned:

The Terrain/Dynamic Touch Screen Buttons don’t work when the Selecter Dial on the Center console is pushed down into Auto.

I was wondering if the Cooler had a Lid, I called the Dealer and yes it does.. The front center Armrest has two buttons, one to lift the Armrest only, the other to open the Cooler Lid at the same time. Haven’t tried it yet BTW.

Has anyone else discovered anything you didn’t know before ?

BTW I haven’t RTFM yet :tongue:

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
I'd like to learn how to *send* a text message. I'm receiving them on the screen alright but when I try to send (via voice control), I'm told by the nice lady that "messaging is not available for my iPhone".
The F-Pace instructions don't help, I have everything set up as per their forum posts.
AAARRRGGGGHHHH.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was surprised the Day I picked mine up that a text message alert popped up on my Screen and the nice lady would read them out, the second Day it quit. Then yesterday I got an email from a Lady at my Dealerhip saying she would come to my House or Business and do a tutorial on everything, I might take her up on it, I will ask about reading and sending Texts and let you know.

Another thing I learned today is that there is a switch in the Mirror Controls cluster on the Door that will activate access mode. Now that is pretty handy!

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
So I learned since then that using an Android device, you *can* send text messages, using one of the predefined templates, while the vehicle is stationary.
It flat out doesn't work with an iPhone.
Not sure which one's better.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I was told my my sales support guy that that feature will only work with Android. He claims it has to do with the contentious relationship between JLR and Apple, which is why there is no Apple CarPlay in these vehicles. JLR evidently doesn't want to pay the licensing fees.

I am just passing on what I heard, I have no first hand knowledge.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
31 Posts
I have learned that the bluetooth is Wonky at best and horrible most of the time. People say I sound like Darth Vader. I very rarely get Waze audio, and I have been chance of getting Waze audio if the phone is plugged in....when I push my Siri button, sometimes it will do what I ask but most time it just seems confused. There has to be an update coming...and all the in control apps. Does anyone really use any of those?

·
Registered
205 Posts
I learned today all updates are on hold by Land Rover

they are are trying to get one that fixes the truck

·
Registered
22 Posts
1.- If you want 4G speed in your RR18, ditch the SIM that comes with the vehicle and use a T-mobile with data plan.
2.- I've tried 2 Android phones a LG V30 2017 and a Samsung S9+ 2018, none of them seems to be compatible with RR infotainment system, probably RR assumes RR owners use pre 2010 phones on 3G networks.......
3.- If you love the sportier feeling of previous years V8 models, you probably need to drive in the "S" program, the default program in my RR 18 V8 is adequate and comfortable for normal driving but feel sluggish and exhibits way more body roll in curves compared to previous years.
4.- The infotainment system is supposed to remember your last settings, for example if you set the cluster panel to show navigation, and the lower screen to display media, its supposed to remember this settings after turning off the engine, and start in the same configuration it was when you turned off the engine, not so, it has a mind of its own and starts at random configurations, this doesn't happen all the time but it does happen.
5.- So far I've had 2 problems I need to have my dealer fix, 1) Frequently my car fails to detect the keyfob even when its in the cup holder or in my pocket. 8 out of 10 times I have to unlock the doors with the remote control button, but only when I am standing next to the door, the remote range seems to max at about 6 feet. And 2) The soft close mechanism in the driver door stopped working after 2 weeks of use.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Has anybody figured out how to turn off the lower screen?

·
Registered
57 Posts
One thing I learned and shocked me is presets for your radio. From what I can tell they only allow 6 presets for your Sirius, and 6 for your radio. That seems crazy to me, also it is really cumbersome to change /find Sirius channels in a quick manor. Also doesn't appear you can vie or change stations on heads up display.

·
Administrator
27,802 Posts
JaRod, have you thought of doing something really basic like taking advantage of your warranty? Poke your service manager for some assistance on your issues instead of bemoaning how much you spent on your rig and it's short comings. If it is really so dramatic file a complaint with LRNA, get a claim number and follow through.

BTW, I removed the profanity from your complaint posting... there is no need for profanity on a technical site.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Has anybody figured out how to turn off the lower screen?
Not yet, but I would like to learn how to turn the brightness down at night. I’ve owned it for almost two weeks and have only put 170 miles on it so far.

·
Registered
3 Posts
not sure if you can turn off completely but if you press the middle tab it toggles between showing current mode details or a blank screen... that's the best I've been able to find so far but interested to know if you can turn off completely for night driving

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
69 Posts
I was told the same thing by my sales guy on my '17 RR HSE/TD6. I'm waiting to order my '19 so I haven't seen the new interface. There are two sets of "presets" on mine. one that show at the bottom of the screen in Sirius mode, that limits 6. However, if I go to the "all stations" mode of view on Sirius I can "star" (on left) as many stations as I want. When I'm scrolling through the favorites mode, they are all there.

·
Registered
623 Posts
One thing I learned and shocked me is presets for your radio. From what I can tell they only allow 6 presets for your Sirius, and 6 for your radio. That seems crazy to me, also it is really cumbersome to change /find Sirius channels in a quick manor. Also doesn't appear you can vie or change stations on heads up display.
on the lower screen I get a window of 6. I can swipe to the left and have another window of 6 available of which im only using 2 for a total of 8 stations.

·
Registered
151 Posts
not sure if you can turn off completely but if you press the middle tab it toggles between showing current mode details or a blank screen... that's the best I've been able to find so far but interested to know if you can turn off completely for night driving
I've learned that all of the manufacturers going to place displays everywhere REALLY need to start looking to OLED. You would barely need stealth mode if the only pixels producing light (instead of there being an underlying backlight) were the ones being used. It would also allow them to turn off the lower display everywhere except the climate dials which they can't do with the current display. Currently, in stealth they keep the backlight of the lower screen on so that it still displays the climate numbers...which is odd because the previous generation had individual LCD screens in the climate dials and they had no issue blacking those out when stealth was turned on...but now they want the numbers ALWAYS displayed. They COULD program the lower display to turn off in stealth mode but don't for reasons...

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have issues with my infotainment system and other electrical items on my 2018 RR. Sometimes when I start the vehicle there is no sound. Sometimes there is. Also sometimes no full screen back up camera shows - only a small size view. When I press the seat memory button, it sets the seat to position BUT inflates the lumbar support all the way! Are the updates and is anyone else having these issues?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yep, I am having EXACTLY the same issues, plus some. Like you said, cameras work intermittently, sometimes there is no audio from any source, and the seat memory/lumbar/bolsters issue. Also, I have my seats set in auto easy entry/exit. It doesn't always go back to the correct position. My most recent bizarre error was my lower screen started up with a bright magenta backgound. My car is going to the dealer on Wednesday (It's a 300 mile drive for me. Several other electrical bugs. I sent a letter to LRNA expressing my disappointment in this car and the fact I probably would not recommend this car to others.

My biggest complaint is that I set the driving mode to Dynamic and, unpredictably, it reverts to Comfort when I restart the car. PITA

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
My biggest complaint is that I set the driving mode to Dynamic and, unpredictably, it reverts to Comfort when I restart the car. PITA
That's pretty predictable, actually.
The car's default mode is Comfort. It isn't user configurable, that's the default. For an active "session", you can change it. For short stops, as long as it stays awake, the car keeps the setting. Once it goes to sleep (30+ minutes), it reverts to the default.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
That's pretty predictable, actually.
The car's default mode is Comfort. It isn't user configurable, that's the default. For an active "session", you can change it. For short stops, as long as it stays awake, the car keeps the setting. Once it goes to sleep (30+ minutes), it reverts to the default.
I agree with SkywaterRover, it's pretty unpredictable.

There are times it will stay on overnight and then there are times it will revert back to default after the car is off for 10 minutes. I am guessing it's supposed to revert back for emissions purposes but the dial does seem pretty pointless if it can't stay in that setting.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts