RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
Joined
·
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

New to the forum. Just bought a 2010 Sport HSE.

Already did the painting of the moldings. Tints coming soon. Wheels Coming Soon. Exhaust Coming Soon!

Enjoy,

JAMES D.




 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Would you paint the moldings again, knowing what you do now? It may be the lighting, and don't take this the wrong way, it does not seem to match up just right. Again, I love your truck and I also have a white 10 that I am looking to paint the moldings.
 

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
Joined
·
11,013 Posts
The pronounced and flared wheel arches don't do the "small" 19" stock wheels and tires any favors, and painting the lower bumpers and skirts just makes those rims look even smaller in there... Things should look a lot more proportionate when the bigger wheels arrive, I think. I don't know if I would have painted the flaps / spoiler thingies in front of the front wheels, though. In my eyes they kinda accentuate the "fat" lower lip of the newly designed front bumper. And they won't stay that white for long, that's for sure. :wink:

Welcome to the forum and congrats, TriGem2k.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,662 Posts
I envy those that mod so soon!
umbertob said:
the flaps / spoiler thingies in front of the front wheels, though. In my eyes they kinda accentuate the "fat" lower lip of the newly designed front bumper. And they won't stay that white for long, that's for sure. :wink:
Heck I don't even have mine on anymore. :lol:
 

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
Joined
·
5,175 Posts
TripleE said:
I envy those that mod so soon!
IMHO, its better to mod early. If you are going to loose 100% of the money you've invested in modding anyway, at least you get to appreciate the depreciation over a longer period of time.
 

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
Joined
·
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RCMorgan,
Yes I'd do it all over without a doubt! I think the lighting has a lot to do with the color looking off. It doesn't look like that in person although I will say I wasn't entirely happy with the job the dealers body shop did. I would rate it 7/10 and I am actually going back next week to have them redo a couple areas.

Umbertop,
Oh how I can't tell you how lucky I am that Xmas is right around the corner. The wheels look like they are 17's!!!!!! Just wait until my 22" Overfinch wheels come in :) Oh and those flaps were never intended to be painted. I didn't even know they exisited. They will defintely be coming off.

Goosey,
I pretty much keep all my cars a minimum of 6years depending on how they hold up mechanically. Never put more than 7,500 miles per year on a car and I LOVE personalizing my stuff. So I've got no problem modding right off the start and I usually do it piece by peice.

Thanks all for the warm welcome. Can't wait to learn more about these Range Rovers!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,662 Posts
gooseyloosey said:
TripleE said:
I envy those that mod so soon!
IMHO, its better to mod early. If you are going to loose 100% of the money you've invested in modding anyway, at least you get to appreciate the depreciation over a longer period of time.
Agreed. I just never have the $. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
That looks sweet. Want to sell the 19's when you get your new wheels? I want some take-offs to run winter tires 1/2 the year
 

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
Joined
·
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Seano said:
That looks sweet. Want to sell the 19's when you get your new wheels? I want some take-offs to run winter tires 1/2 the year
Yes eventually...I'll keep you posted if you like...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, how much do you pay to get the moldings painting? I'm getting quotes for around $1500 for moldings and door handles....
 

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
Joined
·
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bjafari said:
If you don't mind me asking, how much do you pay to get the moldings painting? I'm getting quotes for around $1500 for moldings and door handles....
Thats about right. I didn't do the door handles though. Depending on the shop it's usually quotes between 1k-1.5k
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top